• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Declined Should no detours or delays be implied with all orders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
I want to see others opinions on this and if this change should be made or not. Currently only bum/bombrush implies this. I'll include my own opinion later.

Mycin

survives off coffee and bagels
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 27, 2017
Vermont
No, having no detours or delays applied to all orders means red players cannot have any chances to wiggle away legally. A warden can easily say “no detours or delays applies to the rest of the round” at the beginning of a round. Having it as an automatic order removes an important part of gameplay, and makes it easy to be a lazy blue.

Patchy

One hella evil bastard
Honorary Member ★
Jul 16, 2017
'Murica
No, having no detours or delays applied to all orders means red players cannot have any chances to wiggle away legally. A warden can easily say “no detours or delays applies to the rest of the round” at the beginning of a round. Having it as an automatic order removes an important part of gameplay, and makes it easy to be a lazy blue.

Mycin hit it smack dab in the middle here. I'm against this idea, actually make it an effort to not be a lazy warden.

Reactions: Kumpir and Mycin

Demonic Odd

Platinum
Jul 16, 2017
It has nothing to do with lazyness on my end, applying this sort of rule on every order would surely decrease the amount of freekills or any other reasons for it. In addition this would surely make reds have no excuses about delaying and detouring, therefore making it more harsh for the reds in general and have to think through their plan before rebelling, which makes rebelling harder but more challenging in other hand.

Liquidation

Still in college
★ Donor ★
Jul 19, 2017
N/A
By having "No detours or delays" Implied in every order would one make it so the warden cant be leniant, as well, no detours or delays applies to all my orders is a pointless command anyway, if people want it implied with every order the warden has to state that it is a day, simple as that, if it isnt a day it can be contradicted/overriden by a new order, so making it force implied would be redundant as well, some wardens may not mind/care if people delay to a certain extent.
Personally i cant support this

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Of course there's two sides to this.

On one hand, this could discourage more relaxed warden..ing.. and people could in turn be really strict about this. Also it closes a loophole that REDs can use which can be seen as both good because it enforces less chaotic rounds and less "bullshit" but it can also be seen as fun-killing for prisoners which is bad, but that's debatable.

However, on the other side, from what I've seen a lot of people don't refer to/care about detours & delays that much anyway. I haven't seen much people use it as a loophole on RED and on BLU I haven't seen much wardens incorporate no detours or delays into their orders either. I feel most people play the game as if it's already a thing and that logically you should just follow the warden's orders without any detours or delays, but perhaps use of this term is more prominent on servers such as IL Jailbreak which I feel has a more informed playerbase (in regards to the JB rules). But anyway, therefore I think this would just make things simpler and wouldn't have a big negative impact on the already existing ways people play Jailbreak. Of course however that's only for the most part because it's not like nobody uses this term.

Anyway, I don't have much of a solid opinion on this, so I suppose I'm neutral for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.