• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Accepted Some of my suggestions I have for Wonderland.tf Servers and Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

floot_guy

floot_guy
★ Donor ★
Dec 9, 2017
floot_guy
We wanted to see new cool features on WonderLand, even if there are many cool ones.
On Team Fortress 2 Servers

Idea 1 Skill surf Servers (Linear surfing)

Let me explain how surfing works
There are 3 categories of surfing:
1- Skill surf/Surf Skill (Consists of stages and Linear maps, jail removed and parts are fixed)

2- Combat Surf (Consists of linear and Combat maps (Spawns are side to side), Has jail and good camp spots (behind walls...)

3- Arena Mode (Consists of Combat arena maps (spawns are face to Face, No jail, wide and open enough to freely fly around)
(I will make another guideline for surfing later)

If one server was set for Tier 1 (Beginner) or Tier 2 (Easy) or Tier 3 (Intermediate) maps, It would be easy to learn surf on Wonderland.tf as:
Many people I see on combat surfers complain that "Don't kill, I'm friendly" Or "Why would you kill on a surf server, go to casual".
Others connects to combat surfing servers to ''Practice or Train'' but quickly dies from average-professional surfers. Most surf maps are Tier 1 maps (Beginner, Short and very easy)
Players cannot freely surf on combat servers because:
1- Spawn Campers/killers
2- Sentry Campers
3- Teleporting players to a map End
4- Using map exploits to advantage
5- Tryharding situations
6- Bunch of cheaters
7- Overuse of rocket jumpers, sticky jumpers, base jumpers or Grappling hooks
8- Complaints about being a hacker, VIP/Admin abuse...

I know that there are many servers on Wonderland.tf. But, having a Skill surf server can help many surfers who play on the WL community servers.

Store Chat Name Tags
Many members had have posted many suggestions on featuring new name-tags on the WL In-game store. Some of my suggestions.

Otaku [Desired price: Between 40 000-60 000 Credits or WL's choice]. Otakus and weebs do not have the same meanings. I have Japanese friends who told me that Otakus are young Japanese people who professionally obsessed to their culture(not only Anime, but computers and technology also). Weebs are just people outside Japan who happen to like Japanese stuff.

WonderLander [Desired Price: Over 500 000] Just a stupid idea that came in mind... and It does has a definition (Found on the net): Wonderlander: A person or persons that daydream/fantasize to much for there own good. Also know as a Cloud-boy/girl.

Other tags

Kawaii

Ninja / Shinobi / Kunoiichi

Most Wanted

MƐME

ded inside / Soulless

Spammer

*Not DEAD*
(white)

Stalker

Bot / Not a Bot

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

♪ ♫ ♪

Forums

EITHER: a 'Guidelines' or a 'Tips and Tricks' Thread sub-contents in the "Other" Section
It will be easier to post useful, helpful and Informative guidelines. Can also include a template in the section to help on format of the threads.

Flash games/Animations section/Fun section

Not useful, but still an idea

Reactions: Eight

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
We wanted to see new cool features on WonderLand, even if there are many cool ones.
On Team Fortress 2 Servers

Idea 1 Skill surf Servers (Linear surfing)

Let me explain how surfing works
There are 3 categories of surfing:
1- Skill surf/Surf Skill (Consists of stages and Linear maps, jail removed and parts are fixed)

2- Combat Surf (Consists of linear and Combat maps (Spawns are side to side), Has jail and good camp spots (behind walls...)

3- Arena Mode (Consists of Combat arena maps (spawns are face to Face, No jail, wide and open enough to freely fly around)
(I will make another guideline for surfing later)

If one server was set for Tier 1 (Beginner) or Tier 2 (Easy) or Tier 3 (Intermediate) maps, It would be easy to learn surf on Wonderland.tf as:
Many people I see on combat surfers complain that "Don't kill, I'm friendly" Or "Why would you kill on a surf server, go to casual".
Others connects to combat surfing servers to ''Practice or Train'' but quickly dies from average-professional surfers. Most surf maps are Tier 1 maps (Beginner, Short and very easy)
Players cannot freely surf on combat servers because:
1- Spawn Campers/killers
2- Sentry Campers
3- Teleporting players to a map End
4- Using map exploits to advantage
5- Tryharding situations
6- Bunch of cheaters
7- Overuse of rocket jumpers, sticky jumpers, base jumpers or Grappling hooks
8- Complaints about being a hacker, VIP/Admin abuse...

I know that there are many servers on Wonderland.tf. But, having a Skill surf server can help many surfers who play on the WL community servers.
I up for having a skill surf, I like the idea and it's been brought up various times before. Though if I were to be honest, I'm unsure how successful it'd be with gathering players, and this would especially be a concern since we'd ideally need to craft a good skill surf plug-in to be on these servers. We wouldn't want our efforts wasted of course, even if we've already had success with our existing surfing servers.

Store Chat Name Tags
Many members had have posted many suggestions on featuring new name-tags on the WL In-game store. Some of my suggestions.

Otaku [Desired price: Between 40 000-60 000 Credits or WL's choice]. Otakus and weebs do not have the same meanings. I have Japanese friends who told me that Otakus are young Japanese people who professionally obsessed to their culture(not only Anime, but computers and technology also). Weebs are just people outside Japan who happen to like Japanese stuff.

WonderLander [Desired Price: Over 500 000] Just a stupid idea that came in mind... and It does has a definition (Found on the net): Wonderlander: A person or persons that daydream/fantasize to much for there own good. Also know as a Cloud-boy/girl.

Other tags

Kawaii

Ninja / Shinobi / Kunoiichi

Most Wanted

MƐME

ded inside / Soulless

Spammer

*Not DEAD*
(white)

Stalker

Bot / Not a Bot

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

♪ ♫ ♪

"Spammer" I'm a bit reluctant on, since we disallow spamming mic/chat, and so it feels out of place/possibly encouraging (encouraging for users to spam) to have this. Though, I assume by this, you mean spamming in combat (like spamming rockets or something). So, perhaps we could have like "W+M1" instead (this may be already a tag though, can't entirely recall).

The rest I'm fine with, no issue adding them, in fact I like a lot of them.

EITHER: a 'Guidelines' or a 'Tips and Tricks' Thread sub-contents in the "Other" Section
It will be easier to post useful, helpful and Informative guidelines. Can also include a template in the section to help on format of the threads.

Flash games/Animations section/Fun section

Not useful, but still an idea
We do have a guidelines section (https://wonderland.tf/forums/guidelines.31/), however that's more-so for official guidelines and not like a "players helping out other players by making guides." I'm sort of neutral on this. It's a cool idea, but you can use already existing sections for this, and I haven't really seen any player-made guidelines done besides what you made. Then again, having this section would naturally encourage more threads like this, but IDK.

As for your second suggestion, we have the Off-Topic section for this stuff. Unless the forums grow more in popularity, I think this section isn't the most necessary.

Reactions: floot_guy

floot_guy

floot_guy
★ Donor ★
Dec 9, 2017
floot_guy
Thanks, S.A Eight. There really are many skill surf servers (outside the WL community) which are occasionally empty. However, advertising them (Like and in-game advertising plug-in, where a user can use one command to switch from a combat surf server to the other one, without the use of !hop or !servers) I do know that coding, scripting and plug-ins making are time consuming and difficult.

And for "Spammer" I actually wanted to write "Spammed" , but I mis-typed and forgot to check/correct it. Could also have been "Scammed", just an idea.

And for the "Guidelines" section, It seems that only Staff members or the owner are the only ones to post something in it.
My first guess was Templates for Applications and appeals, but it was empty.

Status
Not open for further replies.