Spy is overrated

Vladdleco

Forum Extremist
Jul 2, 2018
France (Baguette Land)
I mean spy is a little bit overrated you are right.
When you watch vids from swipez or Mr Paladin, you might think spy is Overpowered and it is what makes him overrated : The belief that spy is an invicible class.
However, only a god spy can make spy op.
If I go agaisnt really good players and just new players that dont know how to strafe, you wont be able to do trickstabs and you wont do much stabs. In comp 12v12 (Highlander I think), the role of the spy is to kill the medic and let your team to have an uber avantage. It will be really hard for you to do crazy stuff otherwise you will get kill immediatly.
So I cant change your mind becausr you are right, spy is overrated if you compare him to other classes that can do much more kills than a spy that would always get kill due to good spy checkers.

The only place where spy isnt overrated is casual. In casual, players easily fall for trcikstabs and a really good spy can win the game single handedly by trickstabbing everyone with a kunai (and trust me it is really fun).

To conclude, spy is a little bit overrated even with his capacity of one shooting everyone because onmy good players can make spy work really well in a game.

This is my opinion of spy rn in the tf2 "meta". I would be pleased if you can correct me or change my point of view.

Reactions: hopperthebox

Neliel

Laureline
★ Donor ★
Nov 26, 2018
the ISS
Comp is 9v9 i think. Spy is a very underpowered class that relies on how good the enemy team players are and ping (for trickstabs). They nerfed the ambassador so now you're just a low hp class with a underpowered mele and ok gun at close distances and one invis watch (dead ringer). Sapper is op though, just hold down m1 on sentry nests and casualy walk by. I'd revert tha amby changes to previous. This is all just my opinion and dont take it seriousley.

hopperthebox

Mar 25, 2019
Everything that you said pretty much sums up what i think of the current status of spy. I rarely play him myself, but i just had way too many people bragging, that spy is literally the best class in the entire game, which gave me a thought to create this thread.
Post automatically merged:

Comp is 9v9 i think. Spy is a very underpowered class that relies on how good the enemy team players are and ping (for trickstabs). They nerfed the ambassador so now you're just a low hp class with a underpowered mele and ok gun at close distances and one invis watch (dead ringer). Sapper is op though, just hold down m1 on sentry nests and casualy walk by. I'd revert tha amby changes to previous. This is all just my opinion and dont take it seriousley.
He was talking about Highlander matches, they are played 12v12

Last edited:

SuperGuard

British Quality Gentleman
Honorary Member ★
Jul 16, 2017
United Kingdom
Out of all the classes, Spy is probably the biggest test of skill. Any class can be absolutely destructive when used correctly but as a Spy works with a limited range of effective items and low health, a Spy who knows what they're doing and has excellent game knowledge can tear apart your entire team and you'll probably never kill them.