• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Declined SUGGESTION: Jailbreak Respawn System

?

• ya

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • no

Votes: 12 75.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

yoyo

★ Donor ★
Apr 22, 2018
Hi, i will keep this thread as short as possible
When someone dies, a warden can respawn an inmate. The inmates can vote and the blus can vote. This is a warden perk, and not a VIP perk
Maximum respawn per game is 2-3 ?? idk

also before i post this i just wanna apolgoize for bad english. i am a bit out of place

this is what u guys might say:

A: people will abuse this system!!!
B: According to your logic, guard-slaying and vip having perks of calling kicks/mutes, those have the same risk of abuse. If you say that this one is so abusive, then you would have to call that guard-slaying and vip perks are abusive as well -- in which, why were they added in the first place?? that means, i think respawn-system is as equal to those two, and why it is justified

thank you and plese vote :)
please tell me why u go agasint this idea if u vote no

Last edited:

MissMaye

The Overseer
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 16, 2017
Respawn capabilites are practically limited to members of staff due to the likelyhood, in any capacity, of this system being abused. As well meaning as these intentions may be.

VIP perks are there as a means of rewarding a player for giving the community some moneys. To not abuse them is a given, and every vip that abuses gets caught.

Guard slaying, as it is, was very likely a mechanic implemented in the gamemode, rather than a custom thing just added in as an afterthought. I'm probably wrong on this one but guard slaying is probably the biggest abuse source for wardens. Which just also happens to be available to any warden.
All i'm trying to get at is that if it CAN be abused it WILL be abused and it takes a lot to put in work-arounds for potential situations. To avoid having people abuse the system in the first place, why implement it at all?
Is it worth the trouble it could cause?
^
That line's probably something thats considered before adding new things to gamemodes.

-1 just because.

Nickname

Jan 31, 2020
The possibilities of this getting abused by a warden can create confusion and can lead to posts in the forums about removing this type of system, which can also lead to complaints, as stated in the posts above.

yoyo

★ Donor ★
Apr 22, 2018
The possibilities of this getting abused by a warden can create confusion and can lead to posts in the forums about removing this type of system, which can also lead to complaints, as stated in the posts above.

it's vote-based so it's not entirely up to warden's power
and there are moderators and admins who take care of the reports. it's their duty man

Kyo

メンバー
Honorary Member ★
Jan 18, 2020
Respawn capabilites are practically limited to members of staff due to the likelyhood, in any capacity, of this system being abused. As well meaning as these intentions may be.

VIP perks are there as a means of rewarding a player for giving the community some moneys. To not abuse them is a given, and every vip that abuses gets caught.

Guard slaying, as it is, was very likely a mechanic implemented in the gamemode, rather than a custom thing just added in as an afterthought. I'm probably wrong on this one but guard slaying is probably the biggest abuse source for wardens. Which just also happens to be available to any warden.
All i'm trying to get at is that if it CAN be abused it WILL be abused and it takes a lot to put in work-arounds for potential situations. To avoid having people abuse the system in the first place, why implement it at all?
Is it worth the trouble it could cause?
^
That line's probably something thats considered before adding new things to gamemodes.

-1 just because.

-1 due of the quote

yoyo

★ Donor ★
Apr 22, 2018
Completely unecessary feature and i can already see the problems and confusion coming with this from miles away, -1

hi it's not completely unnecessary
i think you didn't quite look it through
respawnign will give freekilled players a chance to play again
because the penalty for freekill is not enough for merely guardslay when they have to wait 7-8 minutes for a new roudn to start.
adding respawn feature would prevent that -- therefore, give playes a better experience for jailbreak
please reconsider !

yoyo

★ Donor ★
Apr 22, 2018
@UberCharge!!
@kokostal
@Mr.Redd
@Nickname
@Coal

i think alot of people are overlooking the features of this suggestion. it is my fault that i didn't include it, so i will say it here open and now:

What is the purpose of this suggestion?
It is to give free-killed players a chance at playing again. The penalty for freekill is not enough to consolate for the player's loss of jailbreak experience. As according to many players, the only compensation they get in freekilling is that the freekiller either gets slain, or is forced to killbind. Now, ask yourself, is that enough to compensate for your loss? In a way, this feature creates a better environment for others.

Alot of people are suggesting the consequences that comes after like abusive wardens, but here is my point:
There is always some negative part in something. It is inevitable.
Take vip perks for example, they can kick and voteban without even the consent of higher staffs. Point being, the wln.tf have already risked this far. Wardens as well. They can vote-slay. Why would it hurt to actually add something that would benefit the people of lower status?
Yes, it may be abusive, but there are moderators and admins who take care of that. it is their mission. not to even mention: it is vote-based, so it's not entirely up to choice. <-- (idk if that's a good idea to add, but i'm leaning towards it atm)

Mom made a really good point. Still, i feel that the significance that this suggestion will bring is enough to compensate for that. If your point being, then wln.tf would have stop making advancements in bettering JB that come with RISK, right? It's a huge contrast -- VIP perks and this feature.

Please reconsider

Last edited:

sowon

Valorant
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 12, 2019
united kingdom
As a member of staff who has experienced players being freekilled and reviving the freekilled player before, I don't like this idea.

When players are respawned, they are respawned back to the original spawnpoint, unless I teleport them to where the non-rebelling REDs are currently located.
With this fact in mind, if this was implemented in a real-world situation without administration, that revived player would be revived at spawnpoint i.e cells. which could either a) be wide open and that player can rebel or b) be closed and the player is alive without any way to get out of cells.

The core suggestion is general can lead to heavy favoritism, such as only respawning one freekilled RED, which can obviously cause more concerns and cause the non-respawned RED to complain and call for an admin anyway.

According to your logic, guard-slaying and vip having perks of calling kicks/mutes, those have the same risk of abuse. If you say that this one is so abusive, then you would have to call that guard-slaying and vip perks are abusive as well -- in which, why were they added in the first place?? that means, i think respawn-system is as equal to those two, and why it is justified
Guardslaying naturally can be abused, but in my experience, it's been few and far between. Some occasions include guardslaying a certain guard at the beginning of the round due to freekilling that happened in the previous round, which as you can tell requires me to intervene, and it can truthfully be very annoying.
VIP perks are just that, perks, and they're a small reward for players donating money to the community. VIP abuse is a thing and we take it seriously already.

A respawn system is not equal as respawning players is very technical and requires a lot of visual attention beforehand to validate if the player(s) are/were freekilled to begin with, there's a reason respawning is left to staff.

Redds

Brainrot
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jun 8, 2019
Pacifica
Hmmm. I also want to add that this is similar to a closed thread which is closed due to an experiment like this failing. So I would say I guess this would apply to this. Plus you would face same problems as staff face knowing, who got killed, who is lying, and who was the triggerman. Just to add.

MissMaye

The Overseer
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 16, 2017
The penalty for freekill is not enough to consolate for the player's loss of jailbreak experience
Posting again just to say, at most, it's ten minutes of a gameplay session at worst. Losing up to ten minutes of your day to a freekill is a drop of water in the ocean.

Status
Not open for further replies.