Suicidal Thoughts

indietyp

Humanoid robot that tries to take over the world
Honorary Member ★
Jun 21, 2018
Germany
Now this is a very personal question - and a hard question to ask myself - but I am for myself have severe depression, experience self harm and have regular suicidal thoughts. I have been in the hospital due to that multiple times and so I wanted to ask you - have you experienced similar things over the time or are you currently experiencing them? How do you cope with those feelings?

I have a hard time distancing myself from those thoughts and wanted to ask for advice. I know this topic might be triggering - but nevertheless I wanted to ask.

Keith Haring

Honorary Member ★
Jul 2, 2018
Canada
I've personally never had the thought of suicide as I think life is a gift and an opportunity for us to show us who we are in the world. However saying, there are many out there who go through depression because of their circumstances. I had a friend who was going this and I continuously helped him by talking and comforting him with the things he should hear more often. So my suggestion is to have a deep conversation with the closest person about your situation and I promise things will turn around for the better. Remember that you have to the will to be determined to get better but eventually, when you get there, it will all be over.

Reactions: indietyp

NightyMoon

Jul 23, 2018
Life is worthless, no one can tell otherwise. Thou art giving life meaning. We do not have, but if life is something precious for thou and being actualy able to squeeze from world the thing that gives the "meaning" of it, go for it, life can be beautiful if ones aim is in their reach.

Reactions: D o m

indietyp

Humanoid robot that tries to take over the world
Honorary Member ★
Jun 21, 2018
Germany
I've personally never had the thought of suicide as I think life is a gift and an opportunity for us to show us who we are in the world. However saying, there are many out there who go through depression because of their circumstances. I had a friend who was going this and I continuously helped him by talking and comforting him with the things he should hear more often. So my suggestion is to have a deep conversation with the closest person about your situation and I promise things will turn around for the better. Remember that you have to the will to be determined to get better but eventually, when you get there, it will all be over.

Interesting, my problem is that I have a really hard time opening up myself - even posting this small post did cost me multiple days to overcome my fear. I don't want to make myself vulnerable to others - to expose myself.

I help a lot of people out over the time - like Wonderland and the DB fiasco - a massive problem I caused^^ - and I know it is selfish - bit I am not doing that stuff because I want to help - but because this is actually something where for a short amount of time I can forget my problems - but that is not solving them - rather they build up until to a specific point - like now - where I cannot do anything - where even basic communication is often too much to handle. I have known Xy for quite a short time - but he has been a huge help and I am forever grateful to him that I can trust him and that he trusts me and that I can talk to him if I have problems - even if I may feel bad bothering him from time to time.

Keith Haring

Honorary Member ★
Jul 2, 2018
Canada
Interesting, my problem is that I have a really hard time opening up myself - even posting this small post did cost me multiple days to overcome my fear. I don't want to make myself vulnerable to others - to expose myself.

I help a lot of people out over the time - like Wonderland and the DB fiasco - a massive problem I caused^^ - and I know it is selfish - bit I am not doing that stuff because I want to help - but because this is actually something where for a short amount of time I can forget my problems - but that is not solving them - rather they build up until to a specific point - like now - where I cannot do anything - where even basic communication is often too much to handle. I have known Xy for quite a short time - but he has been a huge help and I am forever grateful to him that I can trust him and that he trusts me and that I can talk to him if I have problems - even if I may feel bad bothering him from time to time.
A lot of people are shy and less opening to society with similar situations as yourself. This will be the biggest obstacle to your happiness and success. You must be determined and persistent to overcome your problem. It might take months or years but with the supporting family and friends you have, I believe u can be healed quickly. I hope when we talk again you will have completely healed with a new face to the world.

Jineron

Jun 25, 2018
France
I overcomed mine 5 years ago by writting stories, whatever it's drafts, simple lines, huge novels, or pages... You have to vent it in your own way. If you kept these for yourself, you'll make it more harder to carry on your life, and eventually you'll be on your breaking point. Now by breaking point I don't mean anything too serious about you, since you're self-aware that something is wrong. As long as you don't stay isolate yourself too much from any sign of life on earth, and you try new things and don't always follow routine, you'll be on your first steps onto curing it.

It's kinda hard to say how to overcome it but you know. It's your personal fight. It's a fight that many in the world are struggling.

Oh yes, and by the way, there is an app on the phone called "TalkLife", give it a try. There is some good positivity on it. It's also avaiable on pc.

Marko

Jul 3, 2018
Serbia
its ok to be sad. if you are depressed dont try to hide your real emotions. learn from my mistakes. and i know its hard but think of happy thought. suicide is not a good option. you can end your life but is it worth it? what if you become the richest guy alive for example. you dont know what your future will be like. and i promise you mate, its gonna be hella good if you just try a little bit <3

Vladdleco

Forum Extremist
Jul 2, 2018
France (Baguette Land)
I have some moments that I just want to end my life because of some personals reasons (Family,Friends and my worthless life)
and I think that life can be worthless sometimes. I actually had some suicidal thoughts cuz of that.
All you really need to get out of sadness are some really good friends that you can talk to of everything that you can't handle by yourself.
But If you get out of depression, you will see that isn't worthless at all and that you can live beautiful moments.

NightyMoon

Jul 23, 2018
Don't you have to go be stupid somewhere else

"How do you cope with those feelings?" - question of the op themselves and we responded, no matter if like it or not life worshiper, for thou that's the best thing to have, for us, we feel great hate for disallowing us to have euthanasion. Anyway, we later explained that life can be indeed great if they can reach for what they wish the most, we didn't tell them to "kys" or other.

Red

Maniac
Nov 4, 2018
Hellas
Bit of a late response but,
At some point, I started questioning myself with things like "what's the meaning of life?". I often cried and considered myself a failure, meanwhile thinking of suicide.
Nowadays I realize that my actions also impact my future. Suicide would terminate it.
I don't want to suicide, I tell myself. There are plenty of things I haven't experienced in my life.
Every time I am at the brink of failure, I close my eyes, and I see this spark of hope, indicating that I shouldn't give up.

Remember this; if you're going through a hard time, you have to stay determined. Even if you're "hanging off one small string", there is always hope. Fight it, complete it, and relieve yourself.

And lastly, I'd like to share what I do when I'm feeling down and all the suicidal thoughts pop in my head.

First, I question, what's happening? (eg. I wanna kill myself)

Then I question, why that is happening? (eg. 'cause I have to study a lot)

Then I wonder if this new "solution" will benefit me (eg. better off ending it, than finishing a short-term chore?)

After that, I ask if I can do something about it. (eg. study and stop daydreaming)

Lastly, it's all a matter of confidence, that you have to pull out from yourself. It's somewhat hard, especially to (former) introverts like me, however, once you achieve it, you are unstoppable.