Status
Not open for further replies.

sowon

Valorant
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 12, 2019
united kingdom
I got my new FiiO FH5 in-ear monitors in earlier this week! They're $250 IEMs that I've been drooling over for the past month or so, and I finally got them in. They sound like the best audio device I've ever used, surpassing my Audio-Technica ATH-M50x, Status Audio HD One, Tin HiFi T2, Roccat Cross, and Jaybird X3s.

IMG 2757 1

• Wow
Reactions: Lemon kat

Mew

Honorary Member ★
Jul 31, 2019
So I really want to install automatic door locks on a car that's going to be a hand-me-down because they are a blessing and freaking amazing (also I'm really into electronics for somereason). It comes as a 30$ DIY kit that you install yourself. So on Friday I went ahead and started to take off the door panel and also I took a look at the fuse box to figure out where I was going to wire everything (since the door locks need to be powered from the fuse box). I found out that there were 2 fuse boxes, one in the engine compartment and one in the driver-side footwell. I suspected that the driver-side footwell fuse box wasn't getting power when the key wasn't in the ignition because all the fuses were labeled as things that don't usually get power when the car is off (turn signals, heated seats etc:: ). So I struggled for a long time trying to find a way to route wires from the engine compartment fuse box into the cabin where I could plug in all the door lock actuators. Today I used a multimeter to all the fuses in the driver-footwell and to my surprise, one of them was getting 12V of power, which made me really happy because now I don't have to find a way to route wires through the car firewall.

The actuators are going to come next week, so I guess we won't know how the install went until then :p

Status
Not open for further replies.