• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Declined [TF2] Block enemy team from entering spawn of dm_duel_v2 map

Block enemy team from entering spawn of dm_duel_v2 map

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Salty_Steve

Jan 12, 2019
Can we block the enemy from entering the initial spawn point of this map? I see no reason why a heavy with medi pocket should be able to stand in a spawn with no difficulty and dominate the entire team for extended lengths of time.

Alinek

Jul 19, 2018
Czechia
Not sure, I don't have any tf2 script / map edit skills, but I do not think they can manipulate with the map. And second it seems like a pretty bad idea to be honest. Like you just focused on the bad things but what's bad about 3 friendly hoovies giving you freaking sandviches? And also that's what makes the map fun and is literally one of the only reasons I play there. Friendlies and being able to go to spawn (and be a friendly). In my opinion this would be a bad idea. Not because I love spawncamping (which I do love in other servers), but because I just love being friendly and giving other people SANDVICHES!
But yeah this was just my opinion and lets let the staff decide

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Bumping, probably didn't get much replies since not much DM DUEL players on the forums but would like to hear others' opinions on this suggestion since I think it is a worthwhile topic. Will close after a while if no interest though.

Personally, I can see both sides to this. On one hand DM DUEL is very condusive to spawncamping and as I see it if your team is getting spawncamped than it's your team's fault not the enemies'. On the contrary, I don't recall there is any spawn protection such as 5 seconds of Über or something like that, so the enemy team may just be able to instakill people right as they spawn which is kind of BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.