the clouds
Hotlinks:
TF2 Item Indexes Use this to find !wear ids if you're lazy! :>
alternate: https://index.wonderland.tf/

Commands
sm_wear
sm_wear2
sm_wear3
sm_wear_r (removes all applied cosmetics)

Before You Start
Make sure that you have equipped any hat/misc into the 3 cosmetic slots in your class loadout, this can be any hat.

mnIm941.png

Alternatively use this to find the Index ID's https://wiki.alliedmods.net/Team_fortress_2_item_definition_indexes
After a new update, the link above might be outdated for some time.

After that, you want to find the ID's of the hats/miscs you're looking to wear; so, go to your TF2 Installation folder (mine's at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2) and then enter the /tf/scripts/items folder. You're going to see an items_game.txt file.You may want to open that with a different notepad program, I use NotePad++. After opening the file with your desired notepad, you may see a lot of text inside it. Press CTRL + F and input your desired misc/hat name. I'll be using the Head Prize hat as example.

kLercwQ.png

You will have to press Find Next, a few times before reaching the hat/misc ID. It only took 2 clicks for me. the ID will look something like this;

31mDSOL.png

So, copy that and go in-game, and while being in a
WonderLand server, type in chat: !wear idofyourhat, so in my case, it'll be !wear 30838. (You can use the commands !wear, !wear2, !wear3 to make use of all the 3 cosmetic slots!)

Then you'll be greeted with this message;
t0qfQe2.png

As the message tells you, go touch a resupply locker to apply the wear item, if you're in a server with no resupply locker, you will have to wait until the next round starts.

End result;
Kin7MU5.png

A happy scout wearing the Head Prize hat.

Last edited:

Xypher

Owner ★★★
Jul 11, 2017
the clouds
I recommend using https://loadout.tf/ to create your loadout, then finding the item ids in your items_game.txt file located at /tf/scripts/.

An example;
"30838" <<< this is the cosmetic id, use this without the quotes.
{
"name" "The Head Prize"
"prefab" "no_craft hat marketable"
"first_sale_date" "2016/12/15"
"item_name" "#TF_dec16_head_prize"
"item_description" "#TF_dec16_head_prize_Desc"
"equip_region" "hat"
"propername" "1"
"visuals"
{
"player_bodygroups"
{
"dogtags" "1"
"hat" "1"
"headphones" "1"
}
}
"image_inventory" "backpack/workshop/player/items/all_class/dec16_head_prize/dec16_head_prize"
"capabilities"
{
"can_craft_count" "1"
"paintable" "1"
}
"model_player_per_class"
{
"scout" "models/workshop/player/items/all_class/dec16_head_prize/dec16_head_prize_scout.mdl"
"sniper" "models/workshop/player/items/all_class/dec16_head_prize/dec16_head_prize_sniper.mdl"
"soldier" "models/workshop/player/items/all_class/dec16_head_prize/dec16_head_prize_soldier.mdl"
"demoman" "models/workshop/player/items/all_class/dec16_head_prize/dec16_head_prize_demo.mdl"
"medic" "models/workshop/player/items/all_class/dec16_head_prize/dec16_head_prize_medic.mdl"
"heavy" "models/workshop/player/items/all_class/dec16_head_prize/dec16_head_prize_heavy.mdl"
"pyro" "models/workshop/player/items/all_class/dec16_head_prize/dec16_head_prize_pyro.mdl"
"spy" "models/workshop/player/items/all_class/dec16_head_prize/dec16_head_prize_spy.mdl"
"engineer" "models/workshop/player/items/all_class/dec16_head_prize/dec16_head_prize_engineer.mdl"
}
"used_by_classes"
{
"scout" "1"
"sniper" "1"
"soldier" "1"
"demoman" "1"
"medic" "1"
"heavy" "1"
"pyro" "1"
"spy" "1"
"engineer" "1"