• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Declined Trade plaza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Isn't there a way to make it work 1 way.
I don't know mapping so @Coronarena is this possible? To be more specific: On trade_plaza_2, would it be possible to allow Demomen to shoot grenades out of spawn through team barriers, but not allow it from outside-in?

Alternatively, could it be made so that a spawn barrier only allows Demomen of that team to shoot through it?

Coronarena

Mapper
Sep 3, 2018
I've come up with a bit of a compromise.

Getting straight to the point, here's a video showing off the one idea I could think of.

In the video, it looks like I'm ubercharged, but it's invisible to the enemy (or myself when taunting). Ubercharge of course means you won't be damaged by enemy. I can still shoot the enemy and damage them and whatever, but whatever they do won't hurt me (with a VERY specific exception I didn't test). The downside to this is that engineers buildings won't be invulnerable (there might be a way around that, but for the sake of simplicity, I didn't check).

What I didn't show was the fact that this was done using a "trigger_add_tf_player_condition" trigger. That trigger is what gave me the invisible ubercharge. This is important to this topic because when I leave the trigger (so the spawnroom), the effect wears off meaning I can once again take damage. If I wish to re-enter, I'm free to do so, and will once again stop taking damage.

If anyone wants to take a look at the .vmf to see how it was achieved, CLICK HERE.

Now about the "VERY specific exception" I was talking about, I didn't test if knockback still occurred. I'm not saying it will happen, I just don't know this effect value too well. Never needed to use it. I guess players in the servers can be the guinea pigs.

To conclude, I can't think of a simple way of blocking stuff entirely, but you can block the damage given by weapons on players.

Coronarena

Mapper
Sep 3, 2018
Yes, I thought there could be a way of making it so that it's team based and projectiles only.
The filters I'm given give me "primary", "secondary", and "melee" when it comes to weapons. The problem is, it doesn't care about your team. There's a way of removing the projectiles fired, but as stated, it'd remove both teams' projectiles.

This is all stuff I found in hammer. Maybe there's a plugin that someone could cook up, using filters and a blockbullets brush with a name that might work. It's just that I don't deal with that sort of thing.

Reactions: Neliel
Status
Not open for further replies.