Updated Jailbreak map!

xyso

gamert
Mapper
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Feb 18, 2021
united states
Greetings, me and a friend are working on an improved version of jail_minecraft_dynf_v10d.bsp!
Heres the changelog:
- Removed reset button in deathrun.
- All doors on the map no longer kill players.
- Almost/all glass textures have been updated .
- All leaf textures to trees have been updated.
- Laser hitbox in the end of obby has been minimized to its smallest form. (This change may seem like it changed alot, the laser hitbox barely changed at all.)
- All gravel will no longer slide you.
- Changed the crouching spot in obby to be able to shoot through it to prevent campers.
- 4 small health packs have been added infront of obby to compensate for the health loss trap in obby if the LR is set to Obby All Day.
- A small health and ammo pack has been added behind the bleacher nearest to forest on soccer to add more rebelling spots.
- A small ammo pack has been added to one of the trees near minefield.
- A 4 by 4 breakable has been added to the top left cell (BLU POV)
- Converted the stairs infront of cells to a ramp for trimping.
- Top right cell now has a 5,000 HP breakable.
- A new minigame (Climb) is being worked on near diner.
- HDR Lighting has been added into the map for more a dynamic lighting system.
- All ladders have been replaced with railing to look more realistic. (Not really, hammer just wouldnt accept ladder textures for some reason)
- Bottom left and bottom middle cell now have a breakable to connect eachother.
- Added a Wood breakable in sweeper water that contains a medium ammo pack.
- Added an old cannon from the older versions of the map.

Now the reason for making an update is because me and mega milk have heard so many complaints about bugs and lack of rebel spots in chat, we want to make change with this by bringing more rebel spots and minigames, by the end of this year maybe we will have atleast 2 new minigames on the map, Climb, and Russian roulette.

• Wow
Reactions: Kol. and Eight

moody

Banned
Mar 24, 2020
Change or remove the breakable in top left cell, it would be ok if getting to main behind cells as a blu to stop them wasn't such a pain in the ass. So the moment the round starts a scout starts breaking it before all the blus can leave armoury by the time everyone is out of armoury they could have already have broken it. It takes a scout to get behind cells a solid 15 secs to get there to stop them as they run.

Another change i would make is remove the health packs mentioned here in obby. main reason if it's obby all day, the reds have time to change to a better class that's more tanky as the LR appears in chat when a red types it, it's their choice to go a squishy class and should feel the consequences of their actions

xyso

gamert
Mapper
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Feb 18, 2021
united states
The cell that has the 5,000 HP breakable would take around 150 hits as scout to break it, and by the time it gets broken (if it ever will be) the warden would most likely give orders by then. The reason for the health packs near obby is because if you are in the trap in obby where you must crouch to get through (a trap at the start), will start a 20 second countdown and wont stop unless the round has ended, which is why its neccasary for health kits if its obby all day, so reds dont die to the trap (would be considered a kill order if they couldnt get health)

The Baller

Mapper
May 15, 2021
The cell that has the 5,000 HP breakable would take around 150 hits as scout to break it, and by the time it gets broken (if it ever will be) the warden would most likely give orders by then. The reason for the health packs near obby is because if you are in the trap in obby where you must crouch to get through (a trap at the start), will start a 20 second countdown and wont stop unless the round has ended, which is why its neccasary for health kits if its obby all day, so reds dont die to the trap (would be considered a kill order if they couldnt get health)
The part where you would get hurt in obby in tunnel has been changed to Blus being able to shoot through from the top
Post automatically merged:

Change or remove the breakable in top left cell, it would be ok if getting to main behind cells as a blu to stop them wasn't such a pain in the ass. So the moment the round starts a scout starts breaking it before all the blus can leave armoury by the time everyone is out of armoury they could have already have broken it. It takes a scout to get behind cells a solid 15 secs to get there to stop them as they run.

Another change i would make is remove the health packs mentioned here in obby. main reason if it's obby all day, the reds have time to change to a better class that's more tanky as the LR appears in chat when a red types it, it's their choice to go a squishy class and should feel the consequences of their actions
The health of the top left breakable will be increased to make sure scouts don’t rule over the map

RetroV2

★ Donor ★
Aug 7, 2020
just amazing we really need this to spice up the gameplay since map rotation isnt a thing anymore really, also the gravel on obby is suppose to slide i think to make it harder but im fine either way

dyln

lmfaoo
Jul 13, 2020
PA
just amazing we really need this to spice up the gameplay since map rotation isnt a thing anymore really, also the gravel on obby is suppose to slide i think to make it harder but im fine either way
The only things that will slide is minefield, and obby. The gravel ontop of dodgeball will no longer slip since feedback from many jb players on dynf are against and annoyed by the slipping when trying to rebel. So obby and minefield SHOULD stay the same.

xyso

gamert
Mapper
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Feb 18, 2021
united states
UPDATE!! We had the admin team test the map, and we reviewed over their feedback, heres the new changelog of version 1.3 of jail_minecraft_dynf_v11d_d.bsp:

- Removed the small ammo pack behind the soccer bleachers after discussing situations that it could be overpowered in.
- Added a small ammo back inside the chests on the other side of the chest area wall.
- ^^^ The chest that is on top has 800 HP, and once broken has a small ammo pack underneath it.
- Added better lighting into obby. (Orange suggestion)
- Reset the purple outline in box game back to its original color. (Gale suggestion)
- Fixed broken bed textures inside medic area.
- Removed the W.I.P of climb. (8. suggestion)
- Lowered the Jeopardy breakable from 2,000 to 800 HP (8. suggestion)
- Replaced the ladder texture back to its original texture (Kyo suggestion)
Post automatically merged:

Last edited:
Reactions: Eight

PBandJ

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 13, 2020
Tennessee, USA
One big gripe that I have with v10d_d is the lighting. The contrast between the newly-darkened lighting and the newly-blinding skybox is too much in my opinion. Each is fine on their own, but the mixture of the two is very distracting and there's not really a way to fix it client-side. Also pool has become heaven on earth with the amount of blinding lighting that's present, and it doesn't really make much sense either.

I'm not sure if v11d_d has fixed this, ive only seen v10d_d

xyso

gamert
Mapper
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Feb 18, 2021
united states
Provided pictures as requested from kek.exe (some things may not show in the screenshots because of my cfg)
We will be adding the following minigames to V12
Climb
Russian Roulette (still deciding)
Stairway to heaven

Attachments

• 440_screenshots_20210526122415_1.jpg
    440_screenshots_20210526122415_1.jpg
    620.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 440_screenshots_20210526122419_1.jpg
    440_screenshots_20210526122419_1.jpg
    563.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 440_screenshots_20210526122426_1.jpg