• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Declined We need Engie Fortress (attack/defend mod)

In favor of my suggestion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinkinator

Trade Unionist Civilian
★ Donor ★
Nov 23, 2019
United Kingdom
This is a gamemode in which bots compose the red team in the attack+defend/dustbowl/payload maps, entirely mecha engineers, their job is to stop you capturing the points, obviously.

The only server that does this gamemode is Nemu's, but it's very basic and lacks plugins.

I prefer fighting bots (because i'm a noob), like many others do, this would add variety and be more inclusive to TF2 players of a wider scope, allowing for more traffic on Wonderland servers as well.

This is good for practicing as well as having more casual, relaxed fun.

If Wonderland were to have this kind of gamemode, it would be awesome!

Please consider it?

Tinkinator

Trade Unionist Civilian
★ Donor ★
Nov 23, 2019
United Kingdom
This is a popular gamemode on Nemu's TF2 servers, in which players are on the BLU team, and they fight engineer bots on the RED team, in order to capture control points or push the cart to the terminus, for attack/defend and payload respectively.

It's essentially the opposite of MVM, in which you attack the points rather than defend them.

It's good for casual gameplay for those many people (including myself) that don't like to fight other players, but want something better and more enjoyable than MVM.

However, this server is very basic, unpoliced and lacks plugins, making it frustating to enjoy the server when it's broken in so many ways.

If WLN were to have this kind of server, not only would it be awesome, it would attract new players to frequently play on it, increasing traffic on WLN and potentially gaining new donators, members and possibly good staff.

Please consider this!

Thank you

Redds

Brainrot
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jun 8, 2019
Pacifica
I believe this was already suggested but discarding that. Im saying -1.

Pros- Cool concept to see.
-Sounds simple for newer players

Neutral- Basic server, and a possibility of low player count as it isn't well known(first time even seeing that server)
-New staff on a server{neutral due to a resurgence of new staff possibly however it adds to staffs platter more}

Negatives- Lacks Plugins, Depending on what It could be bad, however I think WL can add there own.
-You mentioned it was really buggy, and said it was really broken.
-Said Frustrating to enjoy.

-Its like mvm but you capture(Personally I don't like this for you playing robots, As I like defending more)

Edits- Will be done bolded Indented and underlined.

Edit- https://wonderland.tf/threads/we-need-engie-fortress-attack-defend-mod.11774/
this was already suggested by you is currently still open.

MissMaye

The Overseer
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 16, 2017
-1 this idea is on par with adding nintendo maps to play on wln and the overall majority popularity of wln dodgeball. It may see one day of good activity a month which doesn't see much longevity of server life overall.

Tinkinator

Trade Unionist Civilian
★ Donor ★
Nov 23, 2019
United Kingdom
I believe this was already suggested but discarding that. Im saying -1.

Pros- Cool concept to see.
-Sounds simple for newer players

Neutral- Basic server, and a possibility of low player count as it isn't well known(first time even seeing that server)
-New staff on a server{neutral due to a resurgence of new staff possibly however it adds to staffs platter more}

Negatives- Lacks Plugins, Depending on what It could be bad, however I think WL can add there own.
-You mentioned it was really buggy, and said it was really broken.
-Said Frustrating to enjoy.

-Its like mvm but you capture(Personally I don't like this for you playing robots, As I like defending more)

Edits- Will be done bolded Indented and underlined.

Edit- https://wonderland.tf/threads/we-need-engie-fortress-attack-defend-mod.11774/
this was already suggested by you is currently still open.
I said it was hard to enjoy because it doesn't have moderators or plugins, or staff to regularly remove bugs as they arise.
If WLN had a server like this, I gurantee you'd have plenty of players on it, as well it being ready and able to play with few problems.
Post automatically merged:

Just to add, it's community server group, Nemu's TF2, has over 1500 members, atleast 75 are active on a daily basis, it will have traffic, and gain a following if WLN had this server.

Also, we have balloon race, and that server's dead for crying out loud, no ones ever on that...

Last edited:

MissMaye

The Overseer
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 16, 2017
Also, we have balloon race, and that server's dead for crying out loud, no ones ever on that...
A little concerning you had to go looking for a server with nobody playing at the time, and for a map/mode people actually like. As opposed to an outlier like engie fortress. The mode itself seems like it would want to be a communities main focus in terms of driving players to them, and I just don't see this picking up even initially. We'd sooner need to have a popular mvm community server with piqued interest, to have any sort of inclination to actually take a suggestion like this into account.

unknown.png

Not a great idea to namedrop a community we aren't partnered with.

In any case. Regardless of whether you read this or not, my point has been made.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: sowon

Redds

Brainrot
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jun 8, 2019
Pacifica
I said it was hard to enjoy because it doesn't have moderators or plugins, or staff to regularly remove bugs as they arise.
So you're telling me that there is constant problems, and the staff have to constantly fix it?

Just to add, it's community server group, Nemu's TF2, has over 1500 members, at least 75 are active on a daily basis, it will have traffic, and gain a following if WLN had this server.
What @Mom told you pretty much, and I never heard of this server. 75 are active. Thats not the best of things

To repeat much. The bugs seem like too big of a problem and it's not that high in demand. I do appreciate you responding to my criticisms

sowon

Valorant
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 12, 2019
united kingdom
So you mentioned that it's very basic, and lacks plugins, and from what I can read, this is essentially a reversal of Mann vs. Machine.

Could you see this becoming a thriving gamemode within Wonderland? The addition of another server adds more expenses into our already-large variety of servers. There would be little incentive to add a new server that doesn't have a consistent playerbase.

@Mom's points outlined above are also reason I would be against the addition of a new server.

Status
Not open for further replies.