What Do You Think About CS:GO?

Davey

Dallas
★ Donor ★
Mar 18, 2019
Hungary
I regret wasting 800 hours on CS:GO. Stopped playing that game nearly three years ago, never launched it ever again. However, I still enjoy watching championships and competitive matches on Twitch and YouTube from well-known streamers/YouTubers and even ESL up to this day.

P.S. My highest competitive rank I've ever reached was DMG.

sowon

Valorant
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 12, 2019
united kingdom
CS:GO is an extremely technically-mechanical game, you need to know the mechanics of the game such as spray patterns, walking speeds, utility physics etc. which is why I'm not too into CS:GO anymore, I'm not good at stuff like that.
Add to that the element of teamwork that contributes to about 75% of a good CS:GO game & player, you have to know a lot of callouts and commands.

But in a casual sense, it's alright just to mess around, but it's still not a game I'd pick up over something like TF2 which in comparison is a hectic arena that doesn't require hundreds of hours worth of practise to properly play.

Red

Maniac
Nov 4, 2018
Hellas
I prefer CS:S

but I used to play csgo a lot about 2-3 years ago when I upgraded to a better pc (over an overloaded work laptop)
Highest rank I ever got was Master Guardian Elite
then I deranked
and got back to silver 3...

Ironically, I almost quit TF2 over counter strike. It was a great game, however Valve kinda screwed it in my opinion.

Buns

-
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jan 5, 2020
My first experience with it is... interesting. I thought the concept of the game was really cool and I thought it would be fun to try it out. But as stated in previous replies, you got to get used to the spray patterns, the walk speeds, etc. and this may be biased, but when I tried asking for help on how to play in chat, it was either people saying "alt+f4" or just not responding. After dying a number of times without getting any kills at all and not knowing how to play, I really moved away from the game after that because I don't want to go through countless hours of understanding the mechanics for the game. As stated as well, tf2 can either be fun and silly or really competitive. CS:GO thought is just all competitive, and that isn't really my style.

Loser

★ Donor ★
Mar 11, 2018
I played on a super old laptop with 10 fps and i hated it.. eventually I did give it another shot but similar to competitive tf2, skill gaps are hard to reach and people will kick you for not preforming.. It's just not my type of game