What is everyone's top worst weapon for each class?

lolnutt

what the pog doin?
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Feb 18, 2020
The Deep
Why do you think the Vita-saw is the worst? I'd say it's actually quite useful. Medic has amputator and solemn vow, both of which are worse.
In my eyes the area of effect healing actually makes the amputator better than the vita saw. The solemn vow is competitively viable. It let's you make call outs and generally target the weaker person when fighting them

SiNine9

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 26, 2020
In my eyes the area of effect healing actually makes the amputator better than the vita saw. The solemn vow is competitively viable. It let's you make call outs and generally target the weaker person when fighting them
First off the area healing isn't as good as just using medigun not only for building uber, but you are able to move around, which is essential when you are the prime target of the enemy team, and when your teammates need to push in. You can't just be a stationary healing thing, that's a dispenser's job. As for the solemn vow, from my experience in competitive, medics almost never use their melee, unless they absolutely need to, in which case an ubersaw is just better because you can get a quarter of an uber instantly. Also, you don't really need to know enemy hp, your team can track that from counting their damage. Vita-saw is actually one of the best competitive melees because even if you die, as long as you get a hit off you get to keep some uber on death, which is why it's banned.

Mygiwara

Oct 6, 2020
First off the area healing isn't as good as just using medigun not only for building uber, but you are able to move around, which is essential when you are the prime target of the enemy team, and when your teammates need to push in. You can't just be a stationary healing thing, that's a dispenser's job. As for the solemn vow, from my experience in competitive, medics almost never use their melee, unless they absolutely need to, in which case an ubersaw is just better because you can get a quarter of an uber instantly. Also, you don't really need to know enemy hp, your team can track that from counting their damage. Vita-saw is actually one of the best competitive melees because even if you die, as long as you get a hit off you get to keep some uber on death, which is why it's banned.
Ah, sh**, here we go again.

DiscountIvy

★ Donor ★
May 4, 2020
Scout - Sandman, you trade survivability for an underpowered mechanic.
Soldier - Righteous Bison, no explaining needed.
Pyro - Gas Passer, super underpowered, only useful in MvM.
Demoman - Ullapool Caber, one of my favourite melees for only the reason of one shotting stuff on mini crit, still pretty bad.
Engineer - Pomson, pretty useful to deal with dead ringer spies, but not much else.
Heavy - Buffalo Steak Sandwich, only ever paired with Fist of Steel, Warrior's Spirit and Holiday Punch for taunt kills.
Medic - Vita Saw, lowers health for a chance of saving uber on death, which is ultimately overshadowed by the ubersaw.
Sniper - Tribalman's Shiv, great for tracking spies but not anything else, also experienced spies tend to shoot snipers if they approach them so thats kinda negated too.
Spy - Enforcer, negating resistances upside very rarely comes into play, as for the additional damage, only use would be 2 shotting snipers from up close, but the amby already does that from an even longer range.

SiNine9

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 26, 2020
Scout - Sandman, you trade survivability for an underpowered mechanic.
Soldier - Righteous Bison, no explaining needed.
Pyro - Gas Passer, super underpowered, only useful in MvM.
Demoman - Ullapool Caber, one of my favourite melees for only the reason of one shotting stuff on mini crit, still pretty bad.
Engineer - Pomson, pretty useful to deal with dead ringer spies, but not much else.
Heavy - Buffalo Steak Sandwich, only ever paired with Fist of Steel, Warrior's Spirit and Holiday Punch for taunt kills.
Medic - Vita Saw, lowers health for a chance of saving uber on death, which is ultimately overshadowed by the ubersaw.
Sniper - Tribalman's Shiv, great for tracking spies but not anything else, also experienced spies tend to shoot snipers if they approach them so thats kinda negated too.
Spy - Enforcer, negating resistances upside very rarely comes into play, as for the additional damage, only use would be 2 shotting snipers from up close, but the amby already does that from an even longer range.
Sandman: Though I agree with this pick, scout doesn't really have any survivability anyways, and the candy cane is arguably worse in the long run for survivability as grenades one shot you.
Vita Saw: Already gave reasons above. It is NOT overshadowed by ubersaw when used properly
Tribalman's Shiv: I mean I guess this is the worst melee for sniper, but in terms of all weapons, I would probably say the classic is the worst (Yes I know it's fun to make people go kaboom, that doesn't mean it's good).

DiscountIvy

★ Donor ★
May 4, 2020
I have my own reason for disliking the vita saw, mainly the less survivability and the fact that if you are going in for a melee attack its most likely you will be doing it in an offensive fashion so I may get some uber now instead of letting my team stay without it for some time, or maybe not even having it on hand when needed. My main point is, why have the uber then when you can have it now. Classic I myself like for reasons other than HaHa EnEmY gO bOoM, mainly for its ability cancel out most of sniper tunnel vision, although it doesn't have a secure damage output that is a really great ability to have.

SiNine9

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 26, 2020
In my opinion for the Vita saw to be used effecivly you need to have 100% uber. but at that point you should pop not drop.
"Every hit against an enemy using the Vita-Saw "collects" their organs, adding 15% to the retained ÜberCharge up to a maximum of 60%"
This means that for it to be maximum effectiveness you actually only need 60% uber, and even with one organ collected, you retain 15%. It is not 60 percent of whatever your uber was at, it is 60% of the total. Chances are that if you get into a situation where you need to melee, you are probably going to die anyways unless you get lucky with a crit, so getting one or two hits off and making your death less of an issue is actually very powerful
Post automatically merged:

I have my own reason for disliking the vita saw, mainly the less survivability and the fact that if you are going in for a melee attack its most likely you will be doing it in an offensive fashion so I may get some uber now instead of letting my team stay without it for some time, or maybe not even having it on hand when needed. My main point is, why have the uber then when you can have it now. Classic I myself like for reasons other than HaHa EnEmY gO bOoM, mainly for its ability cancel out most of sniper tunnel vision, although it doesn't have a secure damage output that is a really great ability to have.
As for your idea of medics using melees offensively, that is a really good way to die if the players you are facing have literally any idea what they're doing. Also, it isn't as simple as "just use your uber now" what if you mess up? What if you're trying to save your uber because you don't want to waste it surviving so you accidentally end up dying? Vita-Saw is less uber for your current life, but it reduces the impact of a medic pick for the enemy team, messes up uber tracking for the enemy team, and forces the enemy medic to run it in a competitive setting. As for the classic, honestly, just play properly and don't tunnelvision yourself... It isn't that hard, just be alert. Quickscopes are almost always good enough.