TF2 What Is the most powerful and the least powerful class in tf2?

Neliel

Laureline
★ Donor ★
Nov 26, 2018
the ISS
Okay, so i was very vague the way i mentioned this, but a skilled spy will actively do better than any other class in 1v1 combat if they have map knowledge, trick stabbing as well its quite easy too get headshots with the ambassador, yes he has recieved countless nerfs, but I still think spy can easily be one of the best classes in 1v1's.

This is purely hypothetical, but it is very dependent on the scenario each class is placed in, but in the majority of times a skilled spy can trickstab most classes or clean them up quickly with ambassador.

Thats just my opinion though.
Yeah, I'd like to test that theory...

• Love
Reactions: Liquidation

Liquidation

Still in college
★ Donor ★
Jul 19, 2017
N/A
That's why I doubt spy. Every class can 2 shot (or less) a spy. The amby isn't really known for its fast firing speed.
You know the opponent is going to be firing back right? @Voodoo | JuJuYu
So regarding both these points, Like i said in my statement it is dependent on the situation. Obviously I get where both of you two are coming from, in regards too the fact that, Yes the spy will be getting shot at, and Yes spy checking is a thing. But in a Pub, a spy will most likely win almost all of its interactions with the opponent if the spy has some level of skill, if we are going straight to MGE, which i didn't intend, I meant in a casual standpoint, the spy will win most interactions, and I don't have doubt in my mind about that statement, because:

First from a casual standpoint, (Even competitive), spies will win most there interactions (There first ones), because they have so much going for them, but if a team has even a drop of communication then it easy for Spy to be the most underwhelming class in the game.

I would like you both too understand this is:
1 my opinion, so it may not be entirely factual, and you can dispute this opinion.
2. although it is opinion it is based on interactions I have had with spy players.

My final point against what you two have mentioned is like I said:
I am not looking at this from an MGE standpoint, I am looking at it from a casual standpoint, with actual maps and rotations etc.
In MGE the spy is the weakest (and yes that includes medic). I don't think you can disagree that the spy is the weakest in MGE 1v1's but in casuals a spy has the potential too pub stomp, but there are too many factors for this too frequently accure, but this being said a spies interaction with a player for the first time (Unless it is a pyro constantly spy checking), will win almost all 1v1 interactions the first time through.

kennytf

Apr 20, 2020
Demo is the most powerful but medic gotta go for least.... He got nothin to offer to the table besides needles, do you think thats going to stop a 400 pound heavy and a machine gun..... just why did they add a gun for a medic

Smug Rebellion

Master Rebeller
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Apr 7, 2020
Inside the Cells of Jailbreak
All classes are there for a reason and have their strengths and weaknesses so for this argument specifically, these choices are all opinionated.

Best Class: Soldier is probably one of the best classes in TF2 solely because having a good soldier on the team can be a little infuriating to play against if you know how to deal with him. Also, his weapon arsenal is pretty solid when it comes to choosing anything especially his secondary weapons. Plus, add rocket jumping into the play and you probably have one of the best characters in TF2 when trying to move around the map.

Worst Class: Heavy is probably one of the worst classes in TF2 and that is because of a couple of reasons. One, his movement speed is ultimately a huge handicap making it impossible to move around but, can be fixed if there is a good engineer that can keep his teleporter up or you have the eviction notice or the GORU (Gloves of Running Urgently). Two, his weapons that he has in his arsenal are really bad besides a couple of weapons which is the Tomislav, Fists of Steel, Sandvich, The Second Banana, Stock, and the Brass Beast (solely for MVM because of damage buff). And three, he has the most weaknesses in terms of how fast classes can kill him like spies, snipers, soldiers, demoman, etc.

McMannBorgers

Jun 19, 2018
Turkey
I think that Spy is the most powerful since no matter what, it can kill its opponent in 1 shot. Some people here are saying that sniper is the strongest but Spy is still stronger since his backstab bypasses the vaccinator buffs and dealing full-on damage.