What is your thoughts on Cry of Fear?

floot_guy

floot_guy
★ Donor ★
Dec 9, 2017
floot_guy
I don't usually play scary games, but I'll try it one day...
Here's a game I always wanted to play

Malfunction

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
May 1, 2018
It's good, but it could definitely use a remake of sorts. The voice acting makes it nigh impossible to take the plot seriously, the animations, while good for the GoldSrc engine, are pretty janky. It looks good for the monsters, but not the humans.

Also, regarding the jumpscares. I'm not one of those "Jumpscare = bad gaem" people, but I do agree that the jumpscares in this game just come off as annoying and kill the mood. Especially since a few of them are much louder than the rest of the game for no reason.

Catboy

Apr 5, 2020
Chiba, Japan
It has enjoyable story/gameplay, it goes in-depth into certain topics such as depression/suicide and it applies well into the main characters story, the choices you make in the game also affects what happens in the end (obviously) and the enemies have a hidden meaning to them (most importantly the bosses). Of course if you're not interested in the campaign there's also a multiplayer mode that's extremely fun to play with friends, but if you wish to avoid the campaign and stick to solo, then the game also offers other campaigns.

Reactions: floot_guy