Whats Your Favorite Community Made Gamemode in TF2?

iggyAnimations

Amphetamine'd
Jan 25, 2019
Croatia
Mine is Jailbreak because its fun to hear little kids scream: "FrEeKiLl" in the mic even doe they didn't follow orders :b1:. And then I have to be a good guy and explain that i order something and they didn't obey... yea... that part isn't that fun, just painfull.

Reactions: Olaves

Mew

Honorary Member ★
Jul 31, 2019
1) Deathrun
I used to play this gamemode alot from 2018-2019 and I must've gotten at least 500 hours from this. I played on a 24/7 server with a very small community. Staff was on pretty much regularly and it was a very fun and enjoyable experience because we were able to have a close bond with the other members that we would see regularly. Throughout that time, I saw my normal friends turn into moderators/admins. Soon, my close circle of friends stopped playing deathrun and moved onto to other things. (Pretty much why I don't play dr anymore)

Reactions: iggyAnimations

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
When I was younger, I used to really be into VSH/FF2 and Deathrun. By now though I've honestly lost the same interest in those game-modes and I play Jailbreak the most (admittedly it's because that's the server group that needs moderation the most, but I've also grown attached to the game-mode even though it can be chaotic).

Floot

★ Donor ★
Dec 9, 2017
under a rock, on a tropical island
Surf.
Created in 2004 by Charlie Joyce (Not on TF2 tho...),
The first surf map I've played is "Surf_ski_2", on CS 1.6 in 2010.

When I saw that you could surf on a Free2Play game (that required Steam) I downloaded it and start to browse for surf servers. (That's the first thing I did after the tutorial)
I joined a popular Linear surf server, but the gameplay and the feeling of the surf was completely different to Cs 1.6.
Then I searched for more servers, likely combat ones, where I ended up on Wonderland.

So, Surf made me come here, Surf is good and surf is the reason I have 2k hours here. (Including Trade Plaza)

I suk on normal gameplays and the only reason I mained sniper was because I would easily go behind walls/above ceilings or on a tower to get eazy kills or as a spy to get eazy backstabs while sliding on a ramp.
But with time, surf servers were starting to die. It is not the same as it was 2 years ago or like in CS, 9 years ago.

It's sad to see that people didn't mention Surf. Well because it requires skills.
(I don't even have 30 minutes of jb gameplay here. lol)

benz

MISSING IN ACTION.
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 3, 2018
California
When I first discovered the existence of community servers, all I ever played was Medics VS Engineers and VSH. After coming back from a hiatus I tried getting into those game modes once more, but they just didn’t seem fun anymore. Nowadays I spend most of my time on Jailbreak since it can get populated very quickly and majority of players on it are tolerable. Every now and then I play surf whenever I’m in the right mood.

Last edited: