TF2 What's your opinion on competitive TF2?

Highlander or 6v6

• Total voters

Red

Maniac
Nov 4, 2018
Hellas
I personally think that Valve should recognize the game's potential as a competitive sport.
It is complicated.
The game's old, hardly anyone plays it anymore, if compared to other popular games, such as R6S, WoW, CoD: MW, and (sorry to say this but) Fortnite.
However, since it isn't as popular if Valve were to introduce it to its new VR audience in a creative way, I bet they could easily attract maybe millions of players into TF2

Although I've never played Highlander, I really like it.
6v6 also has a special place in my heart.
In fact, I've made a silly competitive team to queue with on Competitive Matchmaking.

Neliel

Laureline
★ Donor ★
Nov 26, 2018
the ISS
I'm starting competitive myself, though not valve as much as tf2c or etf2l. I prefer highlander over 6s, cuz I'm a sniper main ;D. Though I play 6s more, as it is a more played game mode. Maybe we can play togeather one day. :kathype:

• Love
Reactions: Red

Tinkinator

Trade Unionist Civilian
★ Donor ★
Nov 23, 2019
United Kingdom
What was wrong with just matchmaking for a server and playing the game? All this "casual" and "competitive" nonsense is just another cashgrab by valve, which makes you pay to fight pros or play with f2p noobs for free on casual.

Reactions: Retr0

Retr0

Your Local Nerd
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
May 5, 2019
Greece
What was wrong with just matchmaking for a server and playing the game? All this "casual" and "competitive" nonsense is just another cashgrab by valve, which makes you pay to fight pros or play with f2p noobs for free on casual.
I can partly agree with this, competitive could be unlocked with your casual level only not by buying something in the store. Although, even the smallest buy can get you your premium so.

Reactions: Tinkinator

Hershey

Jun 25, 2018
United States
I played a decent amount of 6s and highlander back in the day but never went hard on it. I like both, they both have their benefits and downsides but they do have a good community, I used to regular another server and they are doing a highlander for a reward of 5 keys for each person on the winning team. Maybe wonderland could do something like this. We have a variety of skill levels. Hell, maybe I can cough up like 6 keys and give 1 each to the winning team. I would love for this to happen even though it probably wont

Neliel

Laureline
★ Donor ★
Nov 26, 2018
the ISS
I played a decent amount of 6s and highlander back in the day but never went hard on it. I like both, they both have their benefits and downsides but they do have a good community, I used to regular another server and they are doing a highlander for a reward of 5 keys for each person on the winning team. Maybe wonderland could do something like this. We have a variety of skill levels. Hell, maybe I can cough up like 6 keys and give 1 each to the winning team. I would love for this to happen even though it probably wont
I already took wonderland to competitive, well tried atleast. Not many showed up. D:

• Sad

Red

Maniac
Nov 4, 2018
Hellas
I'm starting competitive myself, though not valve as much as tf2c or etf2l. I prefer highlander over 6s, cuz I'm a sniper main ;D. Though I play 6s more, as it is a more played game mode. Maybe we can play togeather one day. :kathype:
I'd love to play comp w/ you one day. Although I don't have much experience with Highlander, I'd gladly play it. I make a great Pyro/Scout

I can partly agree with this, competitive could be unlocked with your casual level only not by buying something in the store. Although, even the smallest buy can get you your premium so.
If we were to make competitive unlockable without payment, there would be a sh*t ton of bots/cheaters on it.
Trust me.

Also if y'all are interested in starting a Wonderland Highlander team, DM me, 'cause I definitely am. (If we're going to, I'm already occupying the pyro slot :katnaisu:)

Vladdleco

Forum Extremist
Jul 2, 2018
France (Baguette Land)
Maybe there's a better opportunity nowadays.
We'll see.

I guess I could join the team.
I started competitive some weeks ago on tf2cand I find it really interesting.
I prefer Highlander than 6s (cuz I'm a speeh Main ;) ) and overall I think both gamemodes are good. I find both very interesting, challeging and entertaining.
More communications between players (especially with mumble on tf2c ) makes competitive way more different than casual.
I could medic too because I played him multiples times in lobbies but as much as I love play the class, there is so much pressure on you when you play medic especially on 6s.