When did you get into jailbreak? - And are you still?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ar_qx

★ Donor ★
Jan 6, 2020
United Kingdom
Returning to jailbreak after a few months of neglection, I notice that majority of the 'OGs' have left. To me 'OGs' would consist of those who played with me between 2019-2020, it did get me curious to what happened to these users but I ignored and continued playing. I would like to know when people got into jailbreak and what do you like so much about it that drew you in?
I would love to see people rant in this thread. - Considering that I am the only one asking for opinions in the most recent forum pages I feel as if this post is in the wrong area of the forum.

Kopsi

Aug 8, 2017
United States
I started playing jailbreak on the wonderland.tf servers in 2017. I currently don't play on them very much but I used to play jb a lot. I was pulled in by the fun factor/social aspect of the game. I met many new people that I am currently still friends with and had fun the whole time. I quit playing in 2018 to focus on attempting to go pro in destiny 2 (but that didn't go anywhere the game died at launch). But even after all of these years I still enjoy jb, but I don't really know why. That's my TF2 jb sob story.

Reactions: ar_qx

lolnutt

what the pog doin?
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Feb 18, 2020
The Deep
Started playing jb in 2017 after casual was introduced and I didnt really enjoy it. I played with my brother and made friends with alot of people on the eu rotation server. Most of which have stopped playing. I took a 2 year break from tf2 and wln in general in 2018 and returned between late 2019 and early 2020 haven't stopped playing jb and really enjoy how funny it can be.

Remiss

Mr Society
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
U.S
I was a 2016 OG. I got interested in JB a little bit before I even joined wonderland, cause of other communities like WLN in the past. I stopped getting INTERESTED after I left staff like, sometime in 2017 or 2018. I still played a little bit of jb now and then a few months afterwards, but even then it didn't totally interest me unless someone I knew was on, aka, a staff member most likely.
Also even if calling out staff was a punishable thing I'd always send them dms instead, cause I always knew when undercovers joined. Other than that, yeah. Kinda lost interest. I wouldn't say I STILL play it today, but I'd probably hop on again in the future if someone I knew pestered me to join.

Light Master

Apr 6, 2021
I believe I got fully introduced in Jailbreak in late 2019 or early 2020, and I had a lot of fun despite some bad moments, be it through freekillers, unfair trick orders, or my own fault like healing a RED as a Medic and a Guard Sniper saw the beam. A lot of amusing moments happened, in both Wonderland and other Jailbreak servers.

I still play it time to time but I branch out beyond just Jailbreak and normal TF2 (I don't go for casual servers outside of Scream Fortress or if I really want to play Mannpower so badly). I tend to go for Half-Zatoichi Soldier with the Concheror for passive self-healing as RED - devastating in Melee only for Guards rounds- and then whatever the guards needs more on BLU (i.e. Sniper when there are none), or even Medic / Engineer for support on that team.

Last edited:

Loaf of Pens

Nov 8, 2020
uh, not really an OG but started playing in like September. I do still play JB but not as much now due to the 6v6 tournament happening rn. Before it happened tho, I loved it, everyone was great (for the most part) loved the minigames in both maps
(I think my favorite was pipe game in the Mario map)

ofc tho, somethings can't all be good, when I was playing, there were lots of things going around about some rules that are just not true (like how tardis on the Minecraft map is banned in hide and seek, both teams can enter because of cause jeopardy secret) and just free killers, but overall, there's more fun stuff in JB then just random stuff bringing it down

f-ception

ception
★ Donor ★
May 31, 2020
toronto
started playing the JB gamemode itself in like 2016 on a different community for a couple of years and I was a regular there, it promptly died and I quit tf2 for a bit then missed JB found wln servers in 2019 as they were always alive and had a great community and here I am

JB is a mixed bag sometimes it's really fun sometimes you want to leave the server instantly but it's a pretty interesting gamemode

Kyo

メンバー
Honorary Member ★
Jan 18, 2020
Back in January 2020, I just randomly join LA Jailbreak, and literally don't know how jailbreak works lmao, until I just copied what the OG La players do on orders, after 4 or 6 months of playing jailbreak (so that I know how the gamemode works), I understand the orders, trick orders, days and rules.

--

Jun 5, 2021
I'm one of the "Old Guys" that got into Jailbreak way back in 2012-2013 and was prevalent in the intox. servers back during TF2s golden days up until about 2015 before I shipped off into the military.

This was me drunk 8 years ago on the intox. servers.

I took many many years off pursuing relationships and my career only to find me coming back to Jailbreak but on another server.. For the last few weeks I've been scoping out all of the remaining Jailbreak servers and it seems like this is the closest thing I can find to the old intox. servers which I thoroughly enjoy, the rules are also quite similar.. Maybe a couple variations from old intox. servers but it feels very very much like what I remember.

Hello to everyone in this forum, you guys seem like some cool dudes.

• Love
Reactions: ar_qx and Eight

Swampfire

Amphetamine'd
Jun 13, 2018
India,Hyderbad
I have started JB when i was 12 xD , used a voice changer cuz somepeople will see me as a girl or a small new born baby now its been deeper lolz , I missed alot of people when playing JB and it was fun , now-a-days new kids pop out and try to act dum so yeah , new rules cringe , man i missed alot of people (Joined 2018 And left in 2021 ) may join rarely

Status
Not open for further replies.