When Was Your Worst Burnout Experience?

sowon

Valorant
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 12, 2019
united kingdom
Probably playing competitive Counter-Strike: Global Offensive with my friends, and eventually leaving because I wasn't happy with the environment of competitive play.

I officially got into competitive CSGO with my first rank being Gold Nova Master on 07/04/2018.
My last competitive match on record was a Master Guardian 2 game on 09/03/2019.
I should note that my friends were always at least 2-3 ranks above me so I was in for some difficult games, and while I knew that going into them, it probably contributed to my burnout more than I thought.

In my 11 months of playing competitive CSGO, towards the end of that stint, I went into games thinking "Oh man how will we do this time?" instead of a winning mentality with my friends as a 4/5 stack, and it wasn't until I left competitive CSGO and stopped watching the esports side of things that I started to regain some love and respect for the game.

I got back into the esports scene earlier this year, and I have a lot to catch up on. Coldzera joining FaZe, GeT_RiGhT leaving NiP, shox joining Vitality...
While I no longer play competitive CSGO, I still appreciate the esports side of things.

• Sad
Reactions: Carlo

Red

Maniac
Nov 4, 2018
Hellas
Meeting the requirements to earn a scholarship, all the way back in 2016.
I stopped playing videogames for 3 months, just so I can concentrate on studying.

Then again, I was 12. I lacked any self-motivation, I was introvert, 148cm, and hated.

Nice little all-in-one combo there.

But I did it.

• Sad
Reactions: Carlo