Which build engine game is your favourite and why

Kyo

メンバー
Honorary Member ★
Jan 18, 2020
Moved to Technology

they are 2 game engines that are my favorite (idk which one is the best so lmao)
Blender (not sure if this counts)
- Blender is good to me as you can create some of the character models and objects. Though I do not recommend it for making games besides for assets.

Unreal Engine
- It's one of the best engines I saw, you can develop the movements and code some stuff, it's like a blender, but better.

HPRocket

Honorary Member ★
Nov 26, 2020
The United States of America
Roblox Studio
For all the hate it gets, it's a really good game engine. Lua is a simple scripting language but incredibly powerful, and Roblox's documentation on the usage of Lua in Studio is just excellent. You can import 3D models and animations from Blender, use professional tools like GitHub and Visual Studio Code to develop your game, and so much more. The development community is (mostly) happy to help. When it comes time to publish your game, Roblox has you covered with multiplayer baked into the engine, free game server hosting, and their website is a gateway for players to enter your game.

Cons:
- Roblox takes a roughly 85%+ cut from the profits of your game so they can pay for development of Roblox Studio and all of the servers they run.
- The engine itself is capped at 60fps (although there are Roblox FPS unlockers out there.
- Lua. It's a scripting language, so programming in an Object Oriented manner will take some experience with the language.