1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Declined =WL= Chrono's Staff App

Discussion in 'Applications' started by Greggy, Jan 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greggy

Greggy ★ VIP ★

Requirements:
    • No VAC ban(s) on record | Info
    • Clean [+]SteamREP | Info
    • No registered bans on the community. (Depends on severity) | Info
    • Member in our steam group | Info
    • At least 16+ years old (preferred 18+)
    • Team Fortress 2 playtime: 475+ hours[ ✔
    • Server connection time: 36+ hours
    • Team player with great communication skills (English)
    • No limited steam account. | Info
    • Forum Activity (at least +10 forum posts)

Personal Information:

Age (dd/mm/yy): Your Answer 31/08/00
    Steam Profile Link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/gregoryreaves/
    Do you have a working microphone?: Yes.
    How good is your English? (rating: 0 - 10): 8
    Will you be able to help donate monthly?: No but i'll donate a key or two this month.

Questions:

1. At what times are you mostly available to administrate on the servers?:

Usually around 6am to 12pm central time, but possibly any time im needed.

2. Have you ever held an administrator or moderator position for another community? If so, what position did you hold and for how long did/have you hold/held it?:
    I was trial staff here for about 2 or 3 months, although i was demoted for being inactive after taking a break from tf2 without telling anyone.

3. How do you feel your acceptance as a Server Administrator and Forum Moderator will effect the community?:
    I tend to be online around the time when there are very few staff members online and when i get on a server i tend to stay on it longer than i planned on, so i could help with problems that usually come up when a staff member gets off for the day, and i think that will help quite a bit.

4. How would you improve the community/servers overall?:
    I could help make the servers i go on be much more of a chill place to hang out, or more fun even by just hanging out and being the guy that's usually nice and friendly but serious when necessary.

5. Which Wonderland.tf servers do you usually play on and what time?:
    I usually go on some of the trade servers, the achievement servers and sometimes orange servers, and i play around mostly any time of the day.

6. Do you have any experience administrating through SourceMod?:
    A little bit, yes, I got a little from when i was trail staff here and i used to go on a server that let you practice being an admin so i could familiarize myself with the commands some more.

7. How have you supported the community so far?:
    I was staff here for a bit and i used to report a lot of people who micspam and put lewd sprays, and whenever i go on a server i try to make it more chill, like if someone is being really loud or annoying i try to get them to calm down and/or stop being as loud.

8. Why should we accept you into the team?:
    People usually come to find me a responsible and dependable person when i really need to be and a lot of people in the community already like me so i think people will have a more enjoyable experience on the servers i go on.

9. Anything else you want to tell us (maybe about yourself)?:
    I'm probably under the first 100 people to first play on a wonderland server so i'm one of the oldest members, and (i think) all of the staff members know who i am.

2. R4

R4 Super-Admin ★

No

Your past history of bans for abuse and breaking the rules means I can't seriously consider you for admin. On top of that this app is pretty short and does nothing to address those bans.
    Some of your responses too suggest you would treat it like you have VIP, 'People being loud and annoying'.
    People can be annoying, that's not something for you to deal with and when you mention people being loud it just reminds me of the incident where I gave out to you for muting someone you thought was 'loud' while you were micspamming music.

3. Greggy

Greggy ★ VIP ★

Well, i asked xypher about the bans and he said its fine, and about trial staff, there weren't very many rule breakers back then nor were there many people who played on the servers, plus there were only 2 servers back then. Along with that, trial staff had less perms than moderator and it barely had more perms than VIP+ does right now.
    About the abuse thing i'm not really even sure what you mean as i don't remember that, although i do remember one time but that was a misunderstanding on my part, as i didn't know about something being considered abuse, which would usually be the case for most reasons why i have abused, i'm sure.
    And breaking the rules was almost entirely me not knowing about something or me being told something was ok by a staff member.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  4. R4

R4 Super-Admin ★

Yes its fine to apply with the bans that doesn't mean it's not going to count against you.
    I've given out to you a number of times for breaking mic spam rules, continually answering rule questions wrong instead of directing people to me then arguing your interpretation of those very rules with me.
    Usually with some lie that I said the opposite previously and that you are completely innocent and can't be blamed. That's not someone I want on the staff team.

The fact you can't remember abusing or breaking rules, something you consistently say everytime I mention wrong doing on your part brought up doesn't help you here. In fact it just shows you haven't moved past the mistakes or refuse to accept them. Check your discord chat history maybe that will jog your memory or I can show my steam logs.

5. Eight

Eight Pessimist Super-Admin ★

I'm pretty sure Xypher only said you could still apply with the bans, not that you'd be exempt from criticism on it or them being used as points against you.

Everything else in your latest reply to the application doesn't seem to be relevant to R4's post, don't know if you meant to be addressing him or clarifying information.

Anyway, unfortunately I'll have to go with a -1.

I don't mean to be rude, but I don't think you are mature enough for the job from what I've seen, as you tend to constantly argue with others a lot among a disregard for the rules. Like with my ban, where you kept arguing with other players in the game despite me warning you otherwise and (after the ban) argued with me over Steam about how you weren't abusing VIP (as that was a part of the ban, and of which you were, as you had used VIP resize to access a part of the map not normally accessible and build a sentry there that could target normal users, therefore using your VIP powers to your advantage). There was also another time where you and various others were using mic whilst dead on Jailbreak and, when I warned the server not to, you said right after (paraphrased), "Oh ok, there's an admin on, I'll stop talking while dead now." This implies you knew it was rule-breaking and were doing it anyway, only caring to not be caught. Including the fact you talked right after I said not to, I promptly muted you, which prompted you to disagree/argue with the mute in-game and (allegedly) over Discord. This is all unpleasant to deal with for me and also is aforementioned immature behavior I don't want from an applicant. So, while I appreciate your loyalty to the community, you'll need to greatly improve in this regard for me to re-consider my support.

6. Greggy

Greggy ★ VIP ★

I have already admitted i'm wrong about all those times and ill do it again, yes, i'm wrong when it comes to knowing the rules perfectly, and I don't know everything, and i don't claim to,and about the mic spam stuff, you've said a few times before that playing music on the servers is fine as long s it isnt loud or really bad, or if a few people ask you to stop, (which is what i had been doing), and I am aware that i had kept been stubborn when a staff member asked me to stop at that time once, but everyone makes mistakes. About answering questions about rules, I'll do my best from now on to direct people to someone who knows about a rule if i don't know. And i really have nothing to say for myself for not remembering the things i would tell you had said, but I can say that sometimes i remember things incorrectly which is why I get some rules wrong, but I promise I won't argue about it if I do get it wrong.

7. Vanduo | Joyuu

Vanduo | Joyuu Just a college student Admin ★

Voting Neutral (Will expand on my vote later)

8. Ray

Ray Head Weenie Admin ★

9. Youtuberchris

Youtuberchris Admin ★

10. Laurenz

Laurenz Developer Super-Admin ★

11. Kruthal

Kruthal Admin ★

12. Sanxis

Sanxis Admin ★

13. TrueMyth

TrueMyth Per Audacia Ad Astra, I See You Starside. Admin ★

14. =WL= | Mc_Duck

=WL= | Mc_Duck Why are you looking here? Admin ★

15. Shadow

Shadow Headset Freak Admin ★

I don't have anything to add as Eight and R4 already covered pretty much everything.

16. Greggy

Greggy ★ VIP ★

when you get blasted and cant recover

17. Madi

Madi Head-Admin ★★

Application declined.

You may reapply in a month.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.