TF2 Unpopular opinion about TF2

MightyMitch618

Clock With Legs
Honorary Member ★
Jul 3, 2023
The Stock Rocket Launcher is the most boring knuckle dragging weapon in the entire video game. Soldier pretty much got special treatment considering all of his options, which is nice, but the Stock Rocket Launcher, to me at least, just feels so boring to use. There's no denying its not a good weapon, its just it doesn't feel special or interesting to use, compared to other Stock weapons, like the Scattergun, Minigun, even the Revolver. Soldiers primary's always have something special going for them. Even Launchers like the Liberty Launcher, which while yes can be summed up to "worse Stock Launcher" or "Stock but more rocket jumps + another rocket", it really can change the way you play around with it; Extra rockets are always nice. Even something like the Air Strike, which is kind of similar to Stock, but with less damage/blast radius, is still very rewarding and entertaining to use because you become a Dive Bomber. Stock just nothing going for it. Like I said, other stock items are still very fun to use, I would even argue the Stock Syringe Gun is way more fun to use than the Stock Rocket Launcher. I could name the fun factor of using every Stock item (my opinion obviously) that makes it fun to use, while I could just dog on the Stock Rocket Launcher for being such a snooze fest of an option.

_DocDelete_

Moderator ★
May 29, 2022
I have no idea
The Stock Rocket Launcher is the most boring knuckle dragging weapon in the entire video game. Soldier pretty much got special treatment considering all of his options, which is nice, but the Stock Rocket Launcher, to me at least, just feels so boring to use. There's no denying its not a good weapon, its just it doesn't feel special or interesting to use, compared to other Stock weapons, like the Scattergun, Minigun, even the Revolver. Soldiers primary's always have something special going for them. Even Launchers like the Liberty Launcher, which while yes can be summed up to "worse Stock Launcher" or "Stock but more rocket jumps + another rocket", it really can change the way you play around with it; Extra rockets are always nice. Even something like the Air Strike, which is kind of similar to Stock, but with less damage/blast radius, is still very rewarding and entertaining to use because you become a Dive Bomber. Stock just nothing going for it. Like I said, other stock items are still very fun to use, I would even argue the Stock Syringe Gun is way more fun to use than the Stock Rocket Launcher. I could name the fun factor of using every Stock item (my opinion obviously) that makes it fun to use, while I could just dog on the Stock Rocket Launcher for being such a snooze fest of an option.
Mitch had been holding this in for years 😭, but I understand where you're coming from. Stock rocket launcher for soldier is kind of repetitive but undoubtedly powerful. That's why I'm using a great alternative, the Rocket Jumper. It's my FAVOURITE Soldier Primary weapon, you take no rocket damage when rocket jumping. The instant dopamine you get whenever you Market Garden someone is just... :chefskiss:

MightyMitch618

Clock With Legs
Honorary Member ★
Jul 3, 2023
Mitch had been holding this in for years 😭, but I understand where you're coming from. Stock rocket launcher for soldier is kind of repetitive but undoubtedly powerful. That's why I'm using a great alternative, the Rocket Jumper. It's my FAVOURITE Soldier Primary weapon, you take no rocket damage when rocket jumping. The instant dopamine you get whenever you Market Garden someone is just... :chefskiss:
Yeah I've had these thoughts for a while, I would tell them to a friend while we messed around on one of the 2Fort servers, and she seemed to understand my point. It's also why you usually see me with the Liberty Launcher or otherwise.

Captain Glenavon

Honorary Member ★
May 27, 2020
France
People tend to favor healing of beefy slow classes and never heal scouts instead. Medic isn't a very fast class, so it would be beneficial for the Medic to heal said scout not only because it's a quick heal-up because of the health cap, but because it would also speed boost the medic towards the front lines while healing the scout, ALSO because an overhealed scout+medic combo with good coordination is absolute hell to deal with.

also, Medic needs a shotgun primary or SOME adequate form of self-defense weapon when his/her healing target dies.

MightyMitch618

Clock With Legs
Honorary Member ★
Jul 3, 2023
People tend to favor healing of beefy slow classes and never heal scouts instead. Medic isn't a very fast class, so it would be beneficial for the Medic to heal said scout not only because it's a quick heal-up because of the health cap, but because it would also speed boost the medic towards the front lines while healing the scout, ALSO because an overhealed scout+medic combo with good coordination is absolute hell to deal with.

also, Medic needs a shotgun primary or SOME adequate form of self-defense weapon when his/her healing target dies.
Medic is the second fastest so I think that's alright in my eyes, but I agree that I feel like the whole "Don't heal the Scout" thing is really counterintuitive. Heal who you want, your a Medic :smart: