Declined 12 Hour Guardban for a few seconds of DR denial?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ban Profile Link.
I couldn't find the exact ban link, but I'm reasonably sure that my Steam is linked to my account, if it isn't, ask me for the link in a reply and I'll give it.

What happened?
Was on a Wonderland Jailbreak server running the Minecraft map and was going through a DR. When he made his DR, I was quite a distance away from him, there were 30 seconds left, so I decided to fool around a bit, running into the forest to be blown up by the creeper. I was then slain, fair enough, that was technically DR denial. I then check my guard ban status, and.. 720 minutes, for attempting to suicide in a 30-second left round during a DR.

Why my ban should be removed/reduced.

I don't know, maybe I caught the mod/admin on a particularly nasty day, but to be guard banned for 12 consistent hours for what is essentially a 10-second longer version of just slaying myself, that to me is over-the-top. Maybe it was based on past offenses, I don't know, but my last offense resulted in little more than a 30-minute guard ban, and for that to jump to 12 hours is just, well, strange. I'd be happy to receive some sort of shortened sentence, maybe 30 minutes or an hour, but 12 hours for what is essentially slaying myself? I really don't see that as necessary.

Frussly

Patience, I dont have.
★ Donor ★
May 29, 2018
I have guardbanned you multiple times for freekilling making up your own rules, all sort of stuff and you don’t learn. You have even received actual bans. You did not run into the forest. You were in the middle of nowhere saying over mic “I don’t like DR so I won’t follow it. It’s stupid”

You haven’t learned from the previous ones, and all the chances you’ve been given where I haven’t punished you does not seem to work, so you’ll have to live with the 12 hour one. If you’d like I can add 10 more reasons to it, but I quite frankly got lazy and didn’t bother typing the rest

Now you see, thing is that I was running into a forest with what is essentially an auto-kill NPC in it to do what is basically killbinding, if I was actively running off to DR deny, well, that'd obviously be punishable by something like that, but the problem here is that I am essentially suiciding in a round with 30s left, in which case in all likelihood I wouldn't have even made it to his DR before the time ran out.
I'm not debating I can be a reasonable asshole, I'm debating the fact that the specific circumstance here in which you punished me was unreasonable, if it was for something else, sure, I'd get the point of that.
Also in terms of actual bans, I can only really recall being banned for 30m once for being AFK, reasonable enough. In terms of chances, I think I've been handed the same punishments as everybody else, fair enough. In terms of me saying its stupid? I suppose just a badly laid-out joke, but my point here isn't that I shouldn't have been punished, my point here is that the circumstance and time I was punished for were outlandish for the actual offense itself.
If you want to make the argument that killbinding itself is DR denial, the multiple other guards in the server that killbinded multiple times during a DR, even guards that went to that same creeper to blow themselves up, would also need to be banned. I understand that this is a bit of a "oh you punished me? well thats unfair because they did it too" argument, but I'm not saying "punish them" so much as I am saying "don't punish me", as I understand it'd be ridiculous to expect you to just go 1-by-1 through some log, banning each of them for what is essentially a killbind.

Mew

Honorary Member ★
Jul 31, 2019
Pressing your kill bind is not denying a dr. If someone is telling you to afk afm and you decide that its a brilliant idea to run off to get blown up by the creeper, well that is denying a dr.

Frussly is claiming that you were sitting out in the middle of nowhere, doing literally nothing. In addition to that, you broke more rules ontop of that stunt of yours. Unless you have video evidence that says otherwise, I'm going to believe the Sentinel.

With a past record like this :
Screenshot 20200107 074103

I'm not going to reduce your guardban.

Appeal Declined

Status
Not open for further replies.