Accepted Ban Appeal (★ WonderLand NY | Combat Surfing - FREE ITE...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverstormsx

Feb 6, 2020
1) Ban profile link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/ZilverZoulz/

2) What happened: So it started with me killing this "other guy" named Recks. I was playing medic and he was playing "Trolldier", I killed him a couple of times and he started getting pretty annoyed. He asked me what my goal was with killing him and I simply replied "I'm just practicing my aim." I'm pretty sure he was saying stuff in voice chat but i wasn't paying attention because i'm used to other people getting salty over being killed and trash talking in voice chat. A couple of minutes later he got banned for Racism/Homophobia... At the time I didn't realize it and just assumed he left. A couple of seconds later and I get Permanently Banned. I went to the Ban list and apparently I was "Advertising other servers (sharing IP to other Combat Surf server) in chat-logs".

3) Why I shouldn't be banned: I don't have any binds that had Advertisements/IPs and there was no proof shown so all I was left with was a Permanent Ban and no explanation on why. On top of that Recks got off with a one week ban and already had 5 previous bans but on my first alleged misconduct I wasn't given evidence, warning nor a temporarily ban. (I also kinda like playing on these servers and really don't want to be perma banned since I've made a lot of friends within these community servers and play on them often so I would be really grateful if I could get a response from you admins)
-Silver

~sorry for making it a really long post~

Attachments

• PermaBanned.JPG
    PermaBanned.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 10
  • OtherGuy.JPG
    OtherGuy.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 8

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Recks's ban doesn't relate to yours, so I won't delve into explaining it.

As for you, we have a strict policy against sharing IPs to servers that aren't ours or of our partners. I checked your chat-logs and saw this:
MqbvPEo.png

Leading to me permanently banning you.

What is your explanation for this?

silverstormsx

Feb 6, 2020
I assumed his ban was connected to mine because of the timing my bad.

Also this was last year and there was only one other guy in the server who was looking for a certain server (one with grapples allowed) and was asking me about it, I felt bad and told him where to try to look. If I ignored him he would have left the server either way and its not like it was a repeating offence or that I did it when the server was full.

"I. General offenses
  1. Advertising other communities is not allowed"
Advertising is a "general offense" would this really lead to a perma ban when it didn't have much of an impact...
Its not like my advertisement lead a large group of regular players to stop playing on wonderland servers leading you to lose on views for your ads ( Why did you look through my chat logs in the first place, where you trying to find a reason to ban me?)

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017

Also this was last year and there was only one other guy in the server who was looking for a certain server (one with grapples allowed) and was asking me about it, I felt bad and told him where to try to look. If I ignored him he would have left the server either way and its not like it was a repeating offence or that I did it when the server was full.
You are never allowed to break our rules, regardless of the amount of players on the server.

"I. General offenses
  1. Advertising other communities is not allowed"
Advertising is a "general offense" would this really lead to a perma ban when it didn't have much of an impact...
Yes. Our standard length for this offense is permanent.

( Why did you look through my chat logs in the first place, where you trying to find a reason to ban me?)
Staff regularly check players' chat-logs for a variety of reasons. In your case, you were reported via Calladmin, and so I checked your chat-logs in response to the report, which ended up with me finding your message.

Anyway, I'd prefer not to have a back-and-forth. I understand if you found this ban annoying, but again this is the standard punishment you'd receive in this situation. If you acknowledge what you did wrong and promise to be more mindful of the rules in the future, then I'll unban you.

silverstormsx

Feb 6, 2020
You are never allowed to break our rules, regardless of the amount of players on the server.

Yes. Our standard length for this offense is permanent.

Staff regularly check players' chat-logs for a variety of reasons. In your case, you were reported via Calladmin, and so I checked your chat-logs in response to the report, which ended up with me finding your message.

Anyway, I'd prefer not to have a back-and-forth. I understand if you found this ban annoying, but again this is the standard punishment you'd receive in this situation. If you acknowledge what you did wrong and promise to be more mindful of the rules in the future, then I'll unban you.

Alright I admit that what I did went against the rules. I shouldn't have spread an IP of a server that isn't associated with wonderland.tf and I assure you it will not happen again. I will be more cautious when it comes to the rules I must follow when in a wonderland server and I am regretful of my actions that lead to my ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.