• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Declined BAN THE RAZORBACK IN JAILBREAK

Should razorback be banned?

• Yes

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • No

Votes: 17 77.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snoop.

Celebrity
Mar 30, 2018
So I will get to the point and save you all of the anger I have for razorbacks. Ok so scenario: You are an inmate on red and you are playing as spy. All of a sudden some guards die from baiting or getting slayed. Two guards remain on "Blu" team and the warden is a sniper with a razorback(meaning he has 3 yes 3 backstabs to kill) this means you must first take away his wonderland warden shield, then you must take his razorback which makes you unable to stab for a few seconds and then finally get the kill. After you magically get the warden killed it is last guard. Now the other guard is for some reason another sniper wearing razorback so you think "Fuck my life why is such a waste of a slot in tf2?"

My second point is how unfair it is in pokemon day. If you are a spy and you get sent out against a sniper with a razorback its a very likely chance the sniper will win. You don't know how good the sniper may be in dodging backstabs or how frequent he will attack/push forward. The sniper does not have to be good and they can win because once the spy gets the first backstab his knife is stunned for a few seconds. If you are the spy in this scenario you must be a god like tier spy to win or must know how to keep distance and how to fake movements to get the sniper.

The summarize my points for 1 and 2: Wardens take 3 backstabs to kill with a razorback and guards take 2 with a razorback. Most people currently playing are new or don't know rules so they will go in your cell and if you take their razorback you are most likely going to die for "force baiting" when the blue sniper baited. If no razorback was there you would avoid the freekill and get the baiter.

Please think about this and add any points (pros and cons) to this suggestion

Reactions: pancakes_

Hypernova

the one with many names
★ Donor ★
Jun 25, 2019
???
i will list pros and cons (as you tell us to)

(Pros!)
it will allow guard snipers to use other secondarys (even though the sniper rifle is a thing)

it will make the day that you list supposedly easier (i don't play jb, but i'll take your word)

(Neutrals)
without the razorback you can't have a anti-backscratcher blocking those small insta-kill knives, however since this will seem to bring balance, this won't count as a con

(Cons)
sniper is one of the weakest classes (having the same health as scout and engi) when it comes to health, they are unable to do alot of damage if they cannot aim or aren't using the lucksman. without the razorback, sniper will be supposedly weaker. but imo its on them if they get in backstab distance

(i'll just edit this in, you also have a blank secondary spot, but thats what pro #1 is for)

overall with the points you make, and the scenario you placed, i think this deserves a try, although another option is to nerf it

Snoop.

Celebrity
Mar 30, 2018
i will list pros and cons (as you tell us to)

(Pros!)
it will allow guard snipers to use other secondarys (even though the sniper rifle is a thing)

it will make the day that you list supposedly easier (i don't play jb, but i'll take your word)

(Neutrals)
without the razorback you can't have a anti-backscratcher blocking those small insta-kill knives, however since this will seem to bring balance, this won't count as a con

(Cons)
sniper is one of the weakest classes (having the same health as scout and engi) when it comes to health, they are unable to do alot of damage if they cannot aim or aren't using the lucksman. without the razorback, sniper will be supposedly weaker. but imo its on them if they get in backstab distance

(i'll just edit this in, you also have a blank secondary spot, but thats what pro #1 is for)

overall with the points you make, and the scenario you placed, i think this deserves a try, although another option is to nerf it
About the cons and the sniper being the weakest, that is not true in jailbreak. Machina is one of the largest mass freekiller weapons in jailbreak since they wait for all reds to go on the line and then they kill them. Also I know they are average health and everything but if you are a sniper you should not be close to inmates; example in the minecraft map, snipers are on the walls which take 2 ladders to get to (around 20 -25 seconds to reach)

Reactions: Hypernova

Hypernova

the one with many names
★ Donor ★
Jun 25, 2019
???
About the cons and the sniper being the weakest, that is not true in jailbreak. Machina is one of the largest mass freekiller weapons in jailbreak since they wait for all reds to go on the line and then they kill them.
while this may be true, there is a possibility of the con i listed happening. there are people new to jb (and possibly tf2). and some snipers may use the lucksman, therefore could be doing risky things.

even if thats rare, it can happen

Preacher Platinum

Legally, you suck.
★ Donor ★
Aug 2, 2019
Ykno there is such things as counter-picks, right? Why not ban pyro because he makes spy checking easier in comp? Why not ban medic on RED bc they can uber push warden? They are aspects of the game. You cannot ban an item simply because you do not agree with it. Razorback’s biggest flaw: no secondary. If you get in melee range of the sniper, he will most likely lose the fight. And even then, the razorback isn’t used often enough to be banned. It is rarely used on a class that is rarely played.

Davey

Dallas
★ Donor ★
Mar 18, 2019
Hungary
Then why did you feel the need to mention "you are playing Jailbreak and not competitive". I'm not bashing you or anything im just curious.

If you didn't know, when you play competitive TF2, the servers run with an item whitelist, in which certain items/weapon/taunts are banned to avoid any unfair/unsportsmanlike situations. Here is the most famous and used whitelist: https://whitelist.tf/etf2l_6v6_s34

Therefore I wanted to say that Jailbreak is not competitive, so there shouldn't be any item bans at all, just like in casual.

Scorch

Overlord
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Dec 24, 2018
Winterfell
If you didn't know, when you play competitive TF2, the servers run with an item whitelist, in which certain items/weapon/taunts are banned to avoid any unfair/unsportsmanlike situations. Here is the most famous and used whitelist: https://whitelist.tf/etf2l_6v6_s34

Therefore I wanted to say that Jailbreak is not competitive, so there shouldn't be any item bans at all, just like in casual.
Ah, I see what you're saying now. I had thought you were saying that the razorback should be banned from competitive Tf2. Thanks for clarifying and my apologies for getting it mixed up.

Reactions: Davey

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
I agree with everything stated above.

However, what do you guys think about disallowing it during Pokemon Day (along with other worn primaries/secondaries)?

Reactions: Davey

Davey

Dallas
★ Donor ★
Mar 18, 2019
Hungary
I agree with everything stated above.

However, what do you guys think about disallowing it during Pokemon Day (along with other worn primaries/secondaries)?
It's part of the game. You don't disable medics' self-heal ability or demomen's health increase with the Eyelander. Moreover, I think playing as the Spy or Sniper during Pokemon day is a fooling choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.