Accepted Banned a long time ago for "hacking."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazda Miata

Mar 7, 2020
My Steam account is linked to the forum but here's a link to my ban profile anyway: https://bans.wonderland.tf/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=mitochondria&Submit=Search

Details:
Frankly, I've been playing tf2 for a long time. This ban was issued to me a few months ago and I never bothered to appeal it, or at least, I don't think so. The listed ban reason is hacking, and the ban was marked as permanent. The only reason I came across this ban again is because I figured I'd join a community server, and the ban notice came up when I tried joining one of Wonderland.tf's servers.

Reasons why I believe I should be unbanned:
I can tell you I've never touched tf2 hacks in my entire 5 or so years I've been playing it. I don't remember the exact details of what happened back when I got this ban, however, I wasn't hacking. And now Wonderland.tf is one of the biggest tf2 community server platforms, and I can't access it due to a ban that was issued falsely back when my steam name was still "Mitochondria." There's no footage or anything attached to the ban, or at least that's what it's telling me, and I don't have any myself (my ssd is only 256 gb, I can't record myself all the time). If there's any way this can be looked into, I'd be happy to know about it.

Guac

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jun 11, 2019
Hello. I banned you and while I do not remember much surrounding the circumstances of the ban, which primary weapon do you/did you use on Sniper?

Guac

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jun 11, 2019
Is there any chance you could have been using the classic and scope walking using it? When I first became staff I had no experience spotting hackers, so you may have been banned due to that.

Mazda Miata

Mar 7, 2020
Ah yes, the classic. There is a reasonable chance I was doing that at some point, considering I was still trying to understand the weapon's mechanics, and I experimented a little bit with what loadouts I was using from time to time. If I had to guess, this is probably what happened.

Guac

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jun 11, 2019
That makes sense. I've unbanned you, as I had banned someone for that near the time you were banned, so that is the most probable cause.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Appeal accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.