Declined Gagged & Muted for saying an ethnicity

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Tipsy" Febrezey

★ Donor ★
May 4, 2020
Hello
Profile link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198177048281/

Reason for bad: "N word baiting" by Luna (screen shots included)

Reason for unban/gag/mute: I was gagged and muted because when someone in a vc asked "I bet nobody hear could even tell me an african people group other than Egyptian, y'all are racist" I responded by saying Nigerian (definition included below).It is a people group from Africa and tbh if you think saying the word Nigerian is N-word baiting for the fact that it's an African ethnicity and slightly resembles the N-word, I'm concerned about how just that peoples punishments are because of very loose regulations on what defines "N-word baiting". Even without context to why I say the ethnicity, it's not even baiting. In no way was I saying anything along the lines of "haha hey guys what does Nigerian look like" I literally only said "Nigerian".

This is both an appeal and a complaint to the admin Luna, I asked around on discord of people who play the ip frequently and the people who were on the server when it all happend and they said nothing was wrong about it. There was no pre-warning to the punishment (which at this point is kinda a theme for any time i've been punished to the point where idek if thats something y'all do anymore.) and was overall a lapse in judgment by someone with power over other players.

Please consider the appeal, I would accept waiting out the punishment and having it wiped from my record at this point.

Thank you
-Tipsy

Ni·ge·ri·an
/nīˈjiriən/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
relating to Nigeria or its people.
"traditional Nigerian clothing"
noun
a native or inhabitant of Nigeria, or a person of Nigerian descent.
"all Nigerians over the age of eighteen are eligible to vote"

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-04 at 4.21.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-04 at 4.21.44 PM.png
    49.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Screen Shot 2021-07-04 at 4.03.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-04 at 4.03.25 PM.png
    54.9 KB · Views: 13

Smug Rebellion

Master Rebeller
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Apr 7, 2020
Inside the Cells of Jailbreak
It is a people group from Africa and tbh if you think saying the word Nigerian is N-word baiting for the fact that it's an African ethnicity and slightly resembles the N-word, I'm concerned about how just that peoples punishments are because of very loose regulations on what defines "N-word baiting".
It is not that we think when people say it because when other people normally try to say the n-word without getting banned it is mainly because of the fact that people say this word or other words that look similar in a way that resembles the n-word. Also after looking through your logs it is at a pretty random moment that would constitute you being silenced for it since it doesn't have much context behind it besides the story you provided.

It has been 40 minutes so it wouldn't be too bad to not have you wait out the rest of the time since its only 20 minutes remaining.

Appeal Declined

Status
Not open for further replies.