Accepted Guard Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lime

Sep 20, 2018
Hello,

I was guard banned for 1440 minutes because of the reasons "illegal ff; teamkill; wrongly started simon says + causing mfk", in accordance to the video found here.
Report found here

Now for the point of illegal FF, it was wrong of me to enable FF at that time. However, the reason I did it was that the guy "ricardodavis" had been repeatedly freekilling and freehitting round after round, so when he freehit again in this round I decided to "slay" him. However, it was my fault for doing it in the wrong way (ff) rather than just using the slay menu. From watching the demo submitted, I believe that no one other than RicardoDavis died as a result of the illegal FF.

Wrongly started Simon Says, and consequently causing mass freekill, was my mistake in that I wasn't aware that the last line was necessary. "Simon says we are playing simon says." This came from my unfamiliarity with the rules, rather than any malicious intent.

I do believe that 1440 minutes for these reasons is quite excessive, considering that
a) Nothing I did had malicious intent
b) Hypothetically, if I was the person who got LR for every single round, I would have to play approximately 144 rounds of jailbreak for this guardban to expire. However, this is an unlikely estimate, as most rounds a player isn't alive for more than 5 minutes. 288 rounds of jailbreak is, in my opinion, a punishment outside of the league for this offense.
c) I do believe that other than this video, I have been a good warden, abiding by the rules. Often there are times where we have a deficit for capable wardens, and the spot remains vacant until the only blue who knows how to be warden begrudgingly wardens for the 8th round in a row because no one else can.

I do understand why I was banned, but I do think that 1440 minutes is excessive.

Thanks for reading this,
YBLime

Jasmine

The Almighty Raisin
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jun 5, 2019
Ireland
Hi there, I've been looking in your guard ban and believe I am very close to making my final decision.

Wrongly started Simon Says, and consequently causing mass freekill, was my mistake in that I wasn't aware that the last line was necessary. "Simon says we are playing simon says." This came from my unfamiliarity with the rules, rather than any malicious intent.
I do believe that this was simply a mistake, so for this part I'll be warning you to be more careful with this.

I would recommend reading these: Jailbreak Rules
Here is the exact ruling on Simon Says (this is how you correctly start it):

I would like to know something about this however:
Now for the point of illegal FF, it was wrong of me to enable FF at that time. However, the reason I did it was that the guy "ricardodavis" had been repeatedly freekilling and freehitting round after round, so when he freehit again in this round I decided to "slay" him. However, it was my fault for doing it in the wrong way (ff) rather than just using the slay menu. From watching the demo submitted, I believe that no one other than RicardoDavis died as a result of the illegal FF.
I'm a little bit confused on why you chose to do an Illegal FF over calling a member of staff that can remove them from the Blu team. I will need you to explain why you chose to break the rules yourself, in order to punish a rule breaker.

Failure to respond will result in the denial of this appeal.

Lime

Sep 20, 2018
Hello,

Honestly, if I remember correctly, I had just gotten fed up with this guy constantly freekilling and freehitting. Also, at the time when it happened (around 1 in the morning), it's been hard in my experience to get staff members on to help out with situations like that. Additionally, at that time I had still not joined the discord, where I feel it is much easier to get help from staff members.
I do now understand though that FF is the wrong thing to do, and rather calling a staff member to assist is a much more responsible choice.

Thanks again!
Lime

Jasmine

The Almighty Raisin
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jun 5, 2019
Ireland
I'm ready to make a decision on this.

You did incorrectly start Simon Says and cause a Mass Freekill.
However, this seemed like a genuine mistake so I am willing to give a warning for this one.

You also did an Illegal FF, regardless of the reasons behind it so the punishment for this stands.
In future, call a member of staff and let them deal with it, if there is a pattern of them freekilling every round, use the warden slay ability and preferably capture evidence (a video) of the freekiller so that you can report them and get them punished.

Your ban will be reduced to the punishment for: Illegal FF.
However, you have already served 4 and a half hours of your punishment so I will be removing the guard ban completely.

Please be more careful in the future, and make sure to read the rules so that mistakes like this do not happen again.

If you have any further issues in regards to joining Blu (other than game auto-balance), feel free to message me on Discord- Dezire#5984

Appeal Accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.