Accepted Guardbanned for 24 Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conphil1

Apr 22, 2020
Hi Folks! I didn't realize that this was even a thing you could do: appeal a ban, so excuse my late submission. A few months back I was joking around with some friends on one of the Jailbreak servers. For fun I wrote some very satirical smut in the chat, involving me and one of my friends. Some of the other people in the chat expressed discomfort with this, so I stopped and continues playing. Some time later an admin joined the server to perform a mic check and ban a free killer. They were told about what I had been doing earlier. Although I had stopped by the time they arrived I received a ban. 'Fine.' I thought as I saw that the ban was only for 24 minutes. 'I'll just join again tomorrow.' Checking again however revealed the hideous truth. The ban was not for 24 minutes, but instead 24 HOURS, displayed as minutes. I managed to whittle enough hours off to the point where it now displays as:
"JAIL | You are guard banned for 24 minutes, of which 552 minutes remain. This ban was instated by 8.#8080, with the reason: MFK"

Of note of course, is the MFK reason at the end. I can only imagine that when banning the freekiller, the admin was too lazy to change the reason for banning for me.
I only wish to joke with my friends again. Let me know what you think!
-Conphil1
(PS: Account linked is mine)
Post automatically merged:

1.) Include your ban profile link:
Attached Profile.

2.) Explain what happened / why you have been banned:
Hi Folks! I didn't realize that this was even a thing you could do: appeal a ban, so excuse my late submission. A few months back I was joking around with some friends on one of the Jailbreak servers. For fun I wrote some very satirical smut in the chat, involving me and one of my friends. Some of the other people in the chat expressed discomfort with this, so I stopped and continues playing. Some time later an admin joined the server to perform a mic check and ban a free killer. They were told about what I had been doing earlier. Although I had stopped by the time they arrived I received a ban. 'Fine.' I thought as I saw that the ban was only for 24 minutes. 'I'll just join again tomorrow.' Checking again however revealed the hideous truth. The ban was not for 24 minutes, but instead 24 HOURS, displayed as minutes. I managed to whittle enough hours off to the point where it now displays as:
"JAIL | You are guard banned for 24 minutes, of which 552 minutes remain. This ban was instated by 8.#8080, with the reason: MFK"

Of note of course, is the MFK reason at the end. I can only imagine that when banning the freekiller, the admin was too lazy to change the reason for banning for me.
I only wish to joke with my friends again. Let me know what you think!

3.) Tell us why we should unban you:
24 Hours is a ludicrous length regardless of first time offense. Incorrect reason provided as well makes the ban invalid. Regardless, I have spend time on the banned list and feel that I have been 'reformed'. I understand not to step on anybody's toes.

Last edited:

sowon

Valorant
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 12, 2019
united kingdom
Hi, just to explain, 'MFK' stands for 'Mass Freekilling', which is typically instated when the freekiller - in this case, you - kills a bunch of REDs, typically three or more, illegally. The reasoning is valid. You had received a 24-hour ban due to this.

With that out of the way, I have noticed you've served a very good chunk of your ban, especially since your guardban was applied last December.

Minor sidenote, but one worth mentioning, you have a history of inappropriate behaviour, most notably telling admins to kill themselves, something which I personally caught you doing while in a game with you. I had given you a 1d ban for that back in January.
Please try to be on your best behaviour whilst in-game.

All things considered, I believe you've served your ban enough that I can comfortably accept lifting your teamban. Please do note that, if another mass freekilling happens and you try to appeal it, we won't be so lenient.

Appeal accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.