(GUIDE) How to be an ok warden (GUIDE)

ar_qx

★ Donor ★
Jan 6, 2020
United Kingdom
Before people comment this is incorrect, or it's not true...

(it works with me)
  • When you ask what do you want to play/do today actually do the most voted.
  • R E A D T H E R U L E S (people will like you more)
  • Go warden when no one is willing too (Round starts at 13, meaning you have until 12:00 until cells open)
  • Warden will lock over time (1-2 minutes) and when it does the cells will open and no one can go warden until the staff force you warden.
  • Children should not go warden (1-12) - unless your voice is actually kinda jazzy
  • Respect the reds and there's a chance they will respect you back.
  • No one likes arena (from experience)
  • People do not like cell wars.
  • Be creative (new days, new orders)
  • People do not enjoy freedays every round.
  • If there's a "gamer girl" don't label them treat them normally (all team suggestion)
  • Be active and don't mute reds or blus for the whole round.
  • If you go warden say elevation day then make them play soccer you're automatically mean.
  • Be epic and say lava day on "Tsunami Day" (not suggested its just funny)
  • If you do jeopardy read the rules and learn the restrictions.
  • Remember to not hog warden, and give other people a chance at the start of the round
I've most likely missed something, but most of these points help me get respect and a title in the server I main.
Post automatically merged:

i forgot to say there was a guide made on may 30th 2019 but it was just like "give them a freeday"

• Woah
  • Wow
Reactions: Green. and Redds

Redds

Brainrot
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jun 8, 2019
Pacifica
Alright. Some notes from a reg warden on la.
1. respect reds that is true. Respect is needed
2. Children should go warden if experienced dont judge someone based on their voice.
3. I suggest getting a trivia bind ask lukasis or pugless.
4. Gamer girl thing its weird. Most people wont act rude. Possibly vulgar but otherwise you should be fine.
5. My own tip know your map. Knowing the ammo spots etc. Cut the rebellers off before they have a chance.
6. Last tip is here. Pick a class know your class. Best are sniper, heavy, scout, and pyro for warden. If confident go spy. Never go med unless you want a death sentence.
My notes.

ar_qx

★ Donor ★
Jan 6, 2020
United Kingdom
i see what you're hinting at there redd i'm only to show the newest of wardens the key tips

disagreements
i have to say other people will always judge by voice (from experience ) - 2
you will 80% see someone in chat saying "GAMER GIRL" (depending on the players) - 4

TK

Jailbreak Noob
★ Donor ★
Nov 20, 2019
England
I've played JB on and off for about 5 years. On different servers and since i was 12. (I took a big gap off for school and other things that got in the way. Here is what i have learned

Respect:
Respect is never given, always earned. You cant expect the reds, or other blus for that matter, to simply respect you because you were the quickest at typing "!w" in chat. You gotta be, calm, collected and observant at all times. Don't feel the need to pardon reds all the time because this gets annoying real quick. Be kind to your Blus because at the end of the day they are there to help you. If you need them to go someone in advance ask them, let them know your thoughts so it is easier to understand what you are wanting them to do. (Good example is asking a blu heavy or pyro to get into the control room of fall game).

Authority
Be strong with what you are saying, don't say things half heatedly. If you are stern with what you say (and clear) then it is easier for reds to follow. Think ahead, don't get them to do something purely as a time waste between you thinking of ideas.

Preparation
This is something @Mr.Redd mentioned. Pick a good class which is able to kill reds. Whether that be at a distance (Sniper) or on the ground (Pyro, Heavy or Scout). You want enough firepower to be able to combat a rebellion but equally enough to be able to kill a single red in the middle of a crowd. No point blasting a flamethrower in there and killing 10 innocents.

Communication
You need a good communication method with reds so please get a decent microphone and headset. Equally, you could have the best microphone in the world but it will not improve you clarity of voice if you slur your words or speak quietly so pronunciation is key!

Rules
Take time to read the rules, that way you can get a better understanding of what trick orders are allowed but also makes you a better warden in general. If you don't know the rules it will A) annoy players, B) Annoy staff who then come to deal with reports C) Annoy your fellow blus who tried to become warden.

Observation
Finally, observation is key. Keep an eye on the chat relay, especially when you are the other side of the map. It tells you when an inmate rebels so either someone hit a guard (which you would have seen) or a red has just gotten ammo. This has saved me countless times and often help me get a jump on the red who doesn't know i know they are in Armoury.

Anyways, these have been my few tips. But play the game, learn how others do it and you'll get better with time

:)

Reactions: Redds

Redds

Brainrot
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jun 8, 2019
Pacifica
Yeah that happens. I have seen people. Quoth "wanting to rape them". Yes people judge on voices I use to sound so so high pitched its lowered. But nevertheless I agree.
Post automatically merged:

Its sad but no one ever has cared besides some people joining them. I agree again with tk. Earn respect never ask for get it.