TF2 Hellow

Skiffy

Jun 2, 2020
Hi!

I'm Skiffy, I've been playing TF2 since the Free-to-play update. Right off the bat, I love your deathrun servers.

I play Deathrun since late 2012, I was an admin on a now-shutdown community's deathrun server and I played on Skial's since 2015 until recently.
I love how more organised you guys' server is compared to theirs, considering the only """""rule""""" they have there is "lying about freerun is allowed". People could delay and exploit to their heart's content.
I also love all the other stuff like melee-only (there were some maps where you could shoot Death, or skip minigames by shooting the end, etc.), inability to cloak (you could bypass soooo many traps) and other balances (Powerjack, Shields, Scout's speed), there's like 5 times as more choices on maps (Skial really likes to randomly remove maps because they're "not popular"), there's the fact that you can be any class on Death (Hale/Soldier's punch is way too delayed...) and I like the little math problems as a side minigame for credits. Everything I just pointed out was lacking on Skial's server.

I found your server because it has players in the middle of the day on a weekday, when most other servers don't.

I'm looking forward to learning more about your servers and community!

Reactions: Deleted member 8006

Kyo

メンバー
Honorary Member ★
Jan 18, 2020
Haii! :kathiya:
Welcome to the community :3

You can read some rules about deathrun and some more you want to know about it

If you have some question to ask, you can join the discord server :)

We hope that you enjoy your stay!

D

Deleted member 8006

Welcome to the forums! 🦅 🐦 🦉🐧

I know you only play the DR/some other minigame servers, but if you feel like playing something else, I recommend playing the Jailbreak servers. This is my favorite place/server for Jailbreak, so I hope it is the same for you! :)

Skiffy

Jun 2, 2020
Welcome to the forums! 🦅 🐦 🦉🐧

I know you only play the DR/some other minigame servers, but if you feel like playing something else, I recommend playing the Jailbreak servers. This is my favorite place/server for Jailbreak, so I hope it is the same for you! :)
Definitely! The community I was on admin on also had a Jailbreak server, and after it shut down, I was searching for other servers but they massively lacked admins and were full of new players, not knowing the rules in its entirety, so I only got bad experiences since then. I see your Jailbreak server is pretty popular, but can I ask how often admins come on, and how often does an admin actually show up when someone reports?

D

Deleted member 8006

Definitely! The community I was on admin on also had a Jailbreak server, and after it shut down, I was searching for other servers but they massively lacked admins and were full of new players, not knowing the rules in its entirety, so I only got bad experiences since then. I see your Jailbreak server is pretty popular, but can I ask how often admins come on, and how often does an admin actually show up when someone reports?

For /calladmin or /call, they will show up 1/2 of the time. However, I understand, as in another post made on this site, they said how they get hundreds to almost thousands of calls per day.

However, if you contact them via discord (I don't have this lol), I heard they respond pretty quickly.

And, if you want, you can record the incident and make a report, like what I always do XD

Skiffy

Jun 2, 2020
For /calladmin or /call, they will show up 1/2 of the time. However, I understand, as in another post made on this site, they said how they get hundreds to almost thousands of calls per day.

However, if you contact them via discord (I don't have this lol), I heard they respond pretty quickly.

And, if you want, you can record the incident and make a report, like what I always do XD
That's good to hear. Other servers I played on were really lacking in admins, wasn't even 1/2 of the time they showed up, more like 1/20 haha

I'm definitely checking out Jailbreak here, I miss it, and what you said is reassuring. Thanks, I hope I meet you there.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
I can confirm what @The Orange Birb said. If you are ever not having luck with using /calladmin, then I'd recommend the Report-to-Staff channel on our Discord server.

Anyway, welcome to the community. I am glad you're enjoying the features we have on our servers and having fun. If you ever have any ideas for maps, store name-tags, whatever, you can go to our Suggestions subforum.

One question I have for you: what was the community you used to moderate at? Just curious.

Skiffy

Jun 2, 2020
Thank you guys!

One question I have for you: what was the community you used to moderate at? Just curious.
May I ask, what did you used to staff for?
*sigh*

I did try to hide that info, because I don't wanna be judged by my past, though I don't know why I thought people wouldn't ask. It was Fortress of Gamers, and my name was Sky.

From 2012 - 2015, I was a Server admin for their 2Fort, Mario Kart, Jailbreak and Deathrun servers, and I did my job respectfully and responsibly, and gained a lot of friends along the way, until one day I guess I woke up on the wrong side of the bed, and I did the worst thing imaginable (hacking and admin abuse), which I got permabanned for, and I tried to act it out as a cringy villain on a thread. I regret it to this day. I even apologized on the shutdown announcement thread, and thanked them for my time there. I did my job well and gained a lot of friends before that day, and I regretted that day since the day after that, it's only that one day that I destroyed everything. I didn't realize how much of an impact that caused on my friendships, but I learnt from this mistake, and I'm different, and I want to start fresh here. Love you guys.