• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Jailbreak (Jailbreak Suggestion) Warden System

GorillaJones

Amphetamine'd
Aug 7, 2021
A new proposed system for warden in order to give everyone a chance and to not warden hog

At the beginning of a round, a person in BLU is selected at random to go warden, the BLU can respond whether they choose to or not. They have 10 seconds to make a response, before a reroll is done. If no one chooses to go warden by 12:00, the warden is locked.

Whenever a warden is killed, the !w command is available for use

In Last Guard, the final BLU can by default choose to whether go warden or not.

The same person (if they go warden at the start of the round), will not be asked to go warden unless all other BLUs decide not to go warden by 12:00. This lasts for about 3 rounds before they are in the selection pool to be asked to be warden

Lux

Celebrity
Feb 26, 2021
a land far, far away
Why is it very strict. Plus theres already a cool down if a person already went warden multiple times, also
whenever a warden is killed, the /w command is available for use,
In Last Guard, the final BLU can by default choose to whether go warden or not
Is already a thing and its Implemented into the servers. -1

Last edited:

GorillaJones

Amphetamine'd
Aug 7, 2021
Why is it very strict. Plus theres already a cool down if a person already went warden multiple times, also
whenever a warden is killed, the /w command is available for use,
In Last Guard, the final BLU can by default choose to whether go warden or not
Is already a thing and its Implemented into the servers. -1
This system makes sure the same person does not go warden twice in a row immediately, giving others before/after him a chance.

"whenever a warden is killed, the /w command is available for use,
In Last Guard, the final BLU can by default choose to whether go warden or not"
This was written for clarification in case there was any questions about it

Lux

Celebrity
Feb 26, 2021
a land far, far away
This system makes sure the same person does not go warden twice in a row immediately, giving others before/after him a chance.

"whenever a warden is killed, the /w command is available for use,
In Last Guard, the final BLU can by default choose to whether go warden or not"
This was written for clarification in case there was any questions about it
Theres already a saying that a person cannot go warden for more than 3 times otherwise that would be warden hogging if other blues are willing to go warden and theres a cool down for the person who keeps on going warden. Plus I'm fine with the more than 3 times and cool down, while your suggestion may be a better system. Imo it just seems kinda harsh

GorillaJones

Amphetamine'd
Aug 7, 2021
Theres already a saying that a person cannot go warden for more than 3 times otherwise that would be warden hogging if other blues are willing to go warden and theres a cool down for the person who keeps on going warden. Plus I'm fine with the more than 3 times and cool down, while your suggestion may be a better solution. Imo it just seems kinda harsh
It allows for BLUs to have a chance to go warden. If they choose to not go warden, they can check no, on the popup that appears.

It's kind of similar to how Death in DR gamemodes or the Hale in VSH gamemodes are chosen, also the "going warden 3 times in a row" can be abused, as after the 4th round, that same person can warden hog, and if anyone on BLU wants to go warden, they will have to wait another 3 rounds, if this specific BLU warden hogs (such as the case with poopy joe).
From what it seems it doesn't seem there is a rule that states there is a 3 round cooldown before being warden again.

MintBrando

Some jailbreak guy
Honorary Member ★
Jul 13, 2019
somewhere
What if I want to go warden, and I never get chosen?
That's why I don't like the random warden system.
Also using this system would require a mic verification system so that people being selected for warden, actually have a mic.

SiNine9

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 26, 2020
I think this suggestion could have some adverse affects which the current system doesn’t. A few examples are: Someone new to the game who doesn’t understand this system choosing to accept the popup, then being really confused, or a freekiller/troll getting warden when fully competent players are present and willing to go warden. I think the current system works fine and has only really been a problem for me personally when a player who somehow has lightning quick fingers (apparently PoopyJoe) goes warden instantly and there’s only one round in between the 10 second cooldown. I think a better compromise here would be to increase the time in between being able to select warden instantly to 2-3 rounds, but as for the current suggestion, I’m gonna go for -1