• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

TF2 Jump server - Both team can play

Vstars

Apr 14, 2020
Hi,

Not the most explicit title but something is really annoying on the jump server.
On some maps you can play in both blu or red team.

It's not a problem in its own, but you have to fix the hitbox. It's the same as normal game so red and blu players can't go through each other, and can even block themselves when they're teleported back at start of a jump. I do not know how to fix it, I'm just pointing the issue.

Also, you can kill opponent with backstab, so people are even farming credits on afk, just stabbing endlessly and quickly cause of instant respawn. I'm not sure how to fix it, either make people invincible, or class restriction.

I found really annoying to see people just farming credits or bothering people cause of that

Thanks

Off-topic but relative to jump server : Can a staff member tell me if this thread is any useful, like I don't mind if nobody want to update the maps of the jump server but just let me know so I don't continue this thread for nothing, cuz I've no answer in 3 weeks, I'm just wondering

Reactions: Xypher

Xypher

Owner ★★★
Jul 11, 2017
the clouds
I've disabled credit dropping on Jump for now until we resolve the issues listed above.

Off-topic but relative to jump server : Can a staff member tell me if this thread is any useful, like I don't mind if nobody want to update the maps of the jump server but just let me know so I don't continue this thread for nothing, cuz I've no answer in 3 weeks, I'm just wondering
Very useful, lack of replies does not exactly mean no attention.

• Wow
Reactions: Vstars

Vstars

Apr 14, 2020
I've also noticed another minor issue, rockets sometimes disappear when they go through a teammate, ruining syncs jumps if you're not careful about that.
I've send a message to a moderator of tempus network to have more informations about plugins they use to fix this and the team issue.
I also asked for the health change cause I do think /superman can cause problems with some jumps when you take damages from external sources (like the sentry jump on littleman, it is broken maybe not because of the /superman plugin, I asked for that too), also Demoman can use as many stickies as they want, when a triple sticky jump is supposed to be tricky, and you're not supposed to do 4+ stickies everywhere, only when the map itself gives you extra health.
Anyway, even if I do not know what you'll want to implement, I'll could provide how to do it (well actually it'll not be me but whatever).

Vstars

Apr 14, 2020
Here's what I learned

Force teams is managed with JumpAssist, I don't know how exactly since I've no knowledge with plugins, AI (the guy who kindly answered me) linked me this JA plugin
Unfortunately, each map has to be configured manually, but some of these maps don't need a forced team(because each team has a different spawn location). If you're planning to do it, tell me and I'll check before what map needs to be configured, to save you some time.

Concerning health, AI told me that it shouldn't be managed with godmode plugins. /superman negates the knockback of sentry, but even without it, so I'm wondering if you didn't disable sentry dmg from other team or something like that. For the extra health, you have to use this plugin and edit the tf2items.weapons.txt config file to add an extra health buff to rockets launchers.

The rocket collisions can be simply fixed with that plugin