Declined mute appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

iBermit_CEO

Jul 17, 2020
1.) Include your ban profile link:
I already have my steam profile linked to my forums account

2.) Explain what happened / why you have been muted:
This mute is not justifiable as is based on its findings. I was playing a regular game of jailbreak when a blue happened to be armory camping. I called him out on his breaking of said rules you people have. I said this EXACT phrase, " Hey (I forgot the player's name), stop being so niggardly of armory, illegal bud." This phrase lead me to be muted for an ENTIRE WEEK.
The word, niggardly, is a LEGITIMATE ENGLISH WORD, IN THE ENGLISH DICTIONARY, AND NOT A VARIATION OF A RACIAL SLUR. I will even linka screenshot of the word's definition and its usage over time.

3.) Tell us why we should unmute you:
I had learned this new piece of vocabulary from my sophmore accelerated english teacher. He always says to incorporate your weekly vocabulary into your daily life in order for the words to stick in your brain, by creating nerual synapses. I did not intentionally say this just to be a said "smartass." I was genuenly being serious about this and was infuriated by the response i had gotten from my fellow peers. I SHOULD NOT BE BANNED FOR THE USAGE OF A LEGITIMATE ENGLISH DICTIONARY WORD. Thank you for reading this and have a great day.

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    173.3 KB · Views: 7

Guac

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jun 11, 2019
I understand that your teacher may have told your class about the word and told you to incorporate the weekly vocabulary into your daily life, however you have been silenced numerous other times for similar reasons. Considering you have been, you should have thought about the word you were using and how it could affect others, as it is so similar in pronunciation and spelling to a slur, you should have realized that it wouldn't be a good choice of words. Especially considering what you said, to me it seems like you were trying to bypass our restrictions on the n-word.

Appeal declined.

Status
Not open for further replies.