• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Declined Remove cap crits in ctf maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

vichy

Apr 20, 2019
Portugal
I would like to suggest the addiction of a plugin that totally removes cap crits from ctf maps.
Capture The Flag is pretty much valve´s team deathmatch gamemode. People frequently cap in ctf maps with the objective of winning the round (even though it grants nothing besides a round reset and team scramble) and when people cap, there is a little satan made thing called "cap crits" these crits are the biggest middle finger to the team that got their intel stolen by a jetpack pyro or scout that they didn't even see entering their the base.
If a team is struggling to push out their base and there is a scout caping their intel it pretty much just makes the defending teams efforts to hold an area and slowly gain ground useless, making power classes such like soldier and demoman to push easily without having to care about being outdamaged by another soldier or demoman.
The point of cap crits is to reward players for doing a good job in caping, but in plain 2019 cap crits are like random crits. Not needed, broken, unbalanced.
Multiple times players wait for their scout to cap the intel so they can jump on a heavy, medic, demo combo (for example) and totally destroy them without getting hit a single time. This proves that cap crits aren't just unbalanced but they promote bad habits as well since a new player will have it's mind always thinking "Since I can't get kills very often I am gonna hide in my base and wait for team to cap" and when their team caps they push out their base, kill an enemy and go back to hiding, which totally defeats the point of the gamemode since you are supposed to invade the enemies base and get their intel. Then gameplay boils down to Spawn -> camp base -> wait for team to cap -> leave base when team caps -> Die -> repeat.
I am not against capping. I am agaisnt what you earn after capping.
An alternative to removing cap crits would be removing the intels but, without an objective, ctf would literally just be team deathmatch. I will let the wln.tf team decide which to pick (if this suggestion is accepted).

Thanks for reading, have a great day.

Hypernova

the one with many names
★ Donor ★
Jun 25, 2019
???
I would like to suggest the addiction of a plugin that totally removes cap crits from ctf maps.
Capture The Flag is pretty much valve´s team deathmatch gamemode. People frequently cap in ctf maps with the objective of winning the round (even though it grants nothing besides a round reset and team scramble) and when people cap, there is a little satan made thing called "cap crits" these crits are the biggest middle finger to the team that got their intel stolen by a jetpack pyro or scout that they didn't even see entering their the base.
If a team is struggling to push out their base and there is a scout caping their intel it pretty much just makes the defending teams efforts to hold an area and slowly gain ground useless, making power classes such like soldier and demoman to push easily without having to care about being outdamaged by another soldier or demoman.
The point of cap crits is to reward players for doing a good job in caping, but in plain 2019 cap crits are like random crits. Not needed, broken, unbalanced.
Multiple times players wait for their scout to cap the intel so they can jump on a heavy, medic, demo combo (for example) and totally destroy them without getting hit a single time. This proves that cap crits aren't just unbalanced but they promote bad habits as well since a new player will have it's mind always thinking "Since I can't get kills very often I am gonna hide in my base and wait for team to cap" and when their team caps they push out their base, kill an enemy and go back to hiding, which totally defeats the point of the gamemode since you are supposed to invade the enemies base and get their intel. Then gameplay boils down to Spawn -> camp base -> wait for team to cap -> leave base when team caps -> Die -> repeat.
I am not against capping. I am agaisnt what you earn after capping.
An alternative to removing cap crits would be removing the intels but, without an objective, ctf would literally just be team deathmatch. I will let the wln.tf team decide which to pick (if this suggestion is accepted).

Thanks for reading, have a great day.
-1, it would make ctf less like ctf, we earned those crits damn it

Hypernova

the one with many names
★ Donor ★
Jun 25, 2019
???
But wouldn't it make it even more easier to cap more, therefore more crits? Wouldn't more crits mean less fun? Isn't it what the game is about?
i see your point but a medic with a vacc or full uber can make those crits not matter, its hard enough to get the intel as is, and peeps earned the crits by risking their lives to get the papers, and 2 engi's can get a level 3 up quickly (sentrys ain't affected by crits) and a wrangler can deny some pushes unless a enemy medic has uber/vacc, but thats just what i think, im still at -1, but i want to see what others think
edit: battllions also denies crits, so theres that

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.