• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

TF2 Pending Remove MFK Day From The Jailbreak Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orang

Forum Activist
Top Poster of the Month
Mar 3, 2024
United States
As said in the title, remove MFK Day from the Jailbreak Rules. It's literally mass freekill, and it isn't fair at all. Even worse, staff are doing it so they usually add effects to make the MFK Day even worse. Just a suggestion but I really think this day should be removed.

Hunger Games, Warday, and other similar days are already there that are more fair than MFK Day for the REDS.

smelvin

Senior Admin ★★
Jailbreak Manager ★
★ Donor ★
Jun 26, 2022
As said in the title, remove MFK Day from the Jailbreak Rules. It's literally mass freekill, and it isn't fair at all. Even worse, staff are doing it so they usually add effects to make the MFK Day even worse. Just a suggestion but I really think this day should be removed.

Hunger Games, Warday, and other similar days are already there that are more fair than MFK Day for the REDS.
MKF day is only supposed to be done once every three rounds, minimum, and can only be done by those with Staff or Honorary Member status. Additionally, it shouldn't have any additional modifiers or anything, so you can report those who misuse their abilities.

Reactions: Orang

Orang

Forum Activist
Top Poster of the Month
Mar 3, 2024
United States
“remove this lr because I don’t like it”
"I like it when admins/mods abuse their power."
-The Baller, Probably

Post automatically merged:

You can heroically fight back against those MFKers. I've once defeated the entire BLU team as a RED Soldier on MFK day. Just expand your domain...
You are a mod, of course you will not like the idea of not abusing your power.

MKF day is only supposed to be done once every three rounds, minimum, and can only be done by those with Staff or Honorary Member status. Additionally, it shouldn't have any additional modifiers or anything, so you can report those who misuse their abilities.
It states in the rules that you cannot mass freekill. If you do, you get reported and punished accordingly. I don't know why staff are allowed to break the rule and get away with it but others aren't allowed to use that same loophole.

Last edited:

The Baller

Mapper
May 15, 2021
-The Baller, Probably

It states in the rules that you cannot mass freekill. If you do, you get reported and punished accordingly. I don't know why staff are allowed to break the rule and get away with it but others aren't allowed to use that same loophole.
that is a real quote of mine, but at the same time I could just do linewars (without ANY need for LRs), just to pretty much do the exact same thing

Also how u gonna cry over a day that is chosen by an LR RECIPIENT (who can also make it so blus have no guns, get funny admin rooms, Pokémon day, and even the dreaded… freeday for all)

• Minus

Orang

Forum Activist
Top Poster of the Month
Mar 3, 2024
United States
that is a real quote of mine, but at the same time I could just do linewars (without ANY need for LRs), just to pretty much do the exact same thing

Also how u gonna cry over a day that is chosen by an LR RECIPIENT (who can also make it so blus have no guns, get funny admin rooms, Pokémon day, and even the dreaded… freeday for all)
Last time I checked, BLUS don't kill REDS in linewars.

TerminaKris

Sep 27, 2022
-The Baller, Probably

i didn't even mention abusing in my post, smh

• Minus

Orang

Forum Activist
Top Poster of the Month
Mar 3, 2024
United States
Uhuh and what’s the difference between a blu legally killing all the reds to a red killing all the reds
BLUS have their primary weapon (Huge advantage), REDS don't.

i didn't even mention abusing in my post, smh
But you down voted the suggestion, right?

TerminaKris

Sep 27, 2022
BLUS have their primary weapon (Huge advantage), REDS don't.

But you down voted the suggestion, right?
I did, because I can. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jokes aside, it's sorta easy to rebel on MFK day if there's not a lot of staff on the BLU team. I already said I was able to rebel and kill the entire BLU team that had 2 staff members during MFK day.

As Smelvin said, the only 2 things to note is that ONLY staff members and honorary members can ONLY freekill. This means other BLUs are not able to freekill and staff cannot use commands to benefit themselves. (which you can report and is punishable)

Line wars is also pretty similar to MFK day, except it can be done without an LR and can be extended from cell wars (which I find to be way more annoying than MFK day) and doesn't involve the BLUs. (No guns sounds easier to deal with, but you'll find out there isn't much difference when you go face-to-face with a Demoknight or a Heavy) It's also more tight-spaced since you're strictly behind the lines and the warden can force inside cell rebel day... which sounds painful as hell. I'd say MFK day would be much easier to deal with... if you're skilled enough.

• Haha

MightyMitch618

Clock With Legs
Honorary Member ★
Jul 3, 2023
As someone who sees (or saw) MFK as nothing as a hinderance to the game at hand, since all it does is set the round back (respawning RED's and then getting rid of the goofball who killed everyone, along with getting the RED team back to whatever area you were at), I do slightly agree with Orang's point. Obviously Staff don't use any powers to assist in killing, since that's just abuse. However, MFK day ends up usually turning into "Lets go find the three Scouts that decided to run away from the crowd of people dying".

TerminaKris

Sep 27, 2022
As someone who sees (or saw) MFK as nothing as a hinderance to the game at hand, since all it does is set the round back (respawning RED's and then getting rid of the goofball who killed everyone, along with getting the RED team back to whatever area you were at), I do slightly agree with Orang's point. Obviously Staff don't use any powers to assist in killing, since that's just abuse. However, MFK day ends up usually turning into "Lets go find the three Scouts that decided to run away from the crowd of people dying".
I mean, this suggestion is about wanting to remove MFK day because of it being unfair for REDs. The three scouts part is more of a negative thing for BLUs instead (and also shows that MFK day is pretty much fair if three scouts can get away and rebel)

• Minus

Orang

Forum Activist
Top Poster of the Month
Mar 3, 2024
United States
I did, because I can. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jokes aside, it's sorta easy to rebel on MFK day if there's not a lot of staff on the BLU team. I already said I was able to rebel and kill the entire BLU team that had 2 staff members during MFK day.

As Smelvin said, the only 2 things to note is that ONLY staff members and honorary members can ONLY freekill. This means other BLUs are not able to freekill and staff cannot use commands to benefit themselves. (which you can report and is punishable)

Line wars is also pretty similar to MFK day, except it can be done without an LR and can be extended from cell wars (which I find to be way more annoying than MFK day) and doesn't involve the BLUs. (No guns sounds easier to deal with, but you'll find out there isn't much difference when you go face-to-face with a Demoknight or a Heavy) It's also more tight-spaced since you're strictly behind the lines and the warden can force inside cell rebel day... which sounds painful as hell. I'd say MFK day would be much easier to deal with... if you're skilled enough.
So, by your logic, we should just remove "freekilling" as a punishment because staff are allowed to do it? There's no logic that staff are allowed to abuse the system by freekilling while other BLUS who would freekill in other instances would be reported and punished for it. And if other BLUS would freekill/mass freekill over and over every 3 rounds on their own, they would be permbanned (Or permbanned from BLU). Your logic is flawed.
Like I said previously to "The Baller," BLUS do not kill REDS in linewars. If they did so, it would be freekill. And if they freekilled, they would be reported and punished accordingly. And the reason why it is freekill because BLUS aren't supposed to attack innocent REDS in linewars, especially since they get the advantage of getting a primary and secondary weapon (Forgot to mention that BLUS get a secondary too in a previous post).
And why did you downvote the suggestion? Because you like the advantage of freekilling REDS every 3 rounds, right? You are a staff member after all.

Thank you!

The Baller

Mapper
May 15, 2021
So, by your logic, we should just remove "freekilling" as a punishment because staff are allowed to do it? There's no logic that staff are allowed to abuse the system by freekilling while other BLUS who would freekill in other instances would be reported and punished for it. And if other BLUS would freekill/mass freekill over and over every 3 rounds on their own, they would be permbanned (Or permbanned from BLU). Your logic is flawed.
Like I said previously to "The Baller," BLUS do not kill REDS in linewars. If they did so, it would be freekill. And if they freekilled, they would be reported and punished accordingly. And the reason why it is freekill because BLUS aren't supposed to attack innocent REDS in linewars, especially since they get the advantage of getting a primary and secondary weapon (Forgot to mention that BLUS get a secondary too in a previous post).
And why did you downvote the suggestion? Because you like the advantage of freekilling REDS every 3 rounds, right? You are a staff member after all.

Thank you!
are you dense

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.