Not open for further replies.

Certified Hoovy

★ Donor ★
Feb 2, 2019
Vancouver Canada
1.) Include your ban profile link:
STEAM_0:0:145910005

2.) Explain what happened / why you have been banned:
I had been playing for a couple hours and after some red scout just started to run away despite there being a huge blu presence directly in his path. As he started to run I had been giving orders as the warden and had said: "What the fuck nigga" clearly being dazed by the humour of the situation. I was called out by another player and about 12 seconds into me attempting to explain myself before I was banned for an impossible reason; "Racism". It had initially been a 1-day ban, which I thought for an average player without my history wouldn't be fair, a mute at most. However, given my history I thought that it was justified if not a little overexaggerated

3.) Tell us why we should unban you:
So it's no secret I have had a couple of run-ins with the administrative team at wonderland and I believe in my 7 bans (three 1d bans, two 1wk bans and one, now two permanent bans.) and the question is; why? IF I am truly just some troll out to mess with wonderland players and administration why keep coming back? or why not just go ahead and get a VPN for an alt? or hell just go onto another server? Because I care. I care about the community that exists, and the friends I have made in the community, and just going in to say the n-word and troll and break rules don't matter to me one bit.

With that being said I would like to dispute the ban. The reason itself is invalid if we look at the definition of racism what I did does not meet the requirement or definition to be considered racism, and if this were a court of law, your administration's case wouldn't be able to make it to trial, however, this is not a court case, as typically its a conflict of interest for the prosecutor to also be the judge and the sole member of the jury. Anyways, if we want to get into the nitty-gritty of this, I was banned for racism. This is impossible as what I had done was not racism. As the first result on google will show you, the definition of racism is

"prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior."

If this would be agreeable to you as a valid definition, then the ban is invalid, if your not ready to unban me now lets run through it step by step.

"Prejudice" - This is invalid as this was not an opinion, it was a word.

"Discrimination" - This is the prejudicial treatment of someone, seeing as I couldn't have been prejudice this means I couldn't have been discriminatory.

"antagonism" - The very definition of this is irrelevant here, this was NOT directed at any one person or group. This is a word.

and as for that last part, this is just incorrect. I am black, and I am entirely willing to prove that in whatever way you see fit (privately as to not reveal any personal details about me publically). Being black means I cannot think my race is superior to blacks, That is literally the pot calling the kettle black. This is not a discussion of racism, as this was not an act of racism, this was a word.

If you wish to plead that the general rules state under 2 Communication Rules -

"2. No hate speech of any format.
  • This includes any use of slurs or variants on slurs."
Now if this IS the situation than that's an entirely different story, but I was banned for racism, NOT hate speech. However, if you wish to make it a hate speech appeal please do notify me and ill pump out another appeal.

At the moment I retain the statement that this was an accident. This was not deliberate, that is how I speak in common day life as an African American, and if your administration cannot handle an African American accent then perhaps I am not the one that should be disputing my innocence on racism. This was a mistake.
I do ask that we work together to reconcile this mistake. If this takes administrative action I believe a 1-day ban that turns into a 2-day ban in 2 hours is good enough. That is in fact double the original sentence.

I beg of you not to allow internal politics to influence your decision. I once was a donator for multiple months, as I felt I could trust wonderland to help me out when I was in need, however, if this is an example, I am not so sure I can.

Ray

Head Weenie
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 16, 2017
Canada
Ban is fair, you know we do not allow any racial slurs don’t play ignorant or tell us we don’t know what our rules our, don’t go throwing terms at us, we have for a long time not allowed variants even if it’s not meant to be hateful. You’ve been given many chances, you were on your last and as it was said on your last appeal you cannot appeal again if you got banned again.

Appeal Declined.

Status
Not open for further replies.