What are Your Favorite Books?

Glowie

May 13, 2020
I am in the play The Lord of the Flies, and it is based off of the book with the same title. It is honestly one of my favorite stories. It's based on an era where nuclear war is bound to happen (Similar to the Cold War). British schools are being evacuated. One plane crashes on an island and the front of the plane is COMPLETELY destroyed. The adults were in the front. This pack of British school boys try to civilize. This fails due to the fear of a beast on the island. It grows and grows causing disorder and chaos.

FrogDispenser

Apr 14, 2020
Either "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" because it inspired on of my favorite movies "Blade Runner". Or "I Have No Mouth, and I must Scream" which is definitely the bleakest depiction of a dystopian future I have ever read. It is too much to describe here, it is a must read for any connoisseur of literature

220px-IHaveNoMouth.jpg

Prxme

Post Post Post
Jan 4, 2018
The United Kingdom
1) Inspector Calls , It has a theme of social superiority and responsibility. Overall it's about a wealthy family that is very high in the social superiority hierarchy but are quite stupid because they think they know it all and are in denial with there own personal issues. When the Inspector ,who is highly intelligent, is lower in the social superiority hierarchy breaks the family down question by question just from the ridiculous responses the family is giving him trying to make themselves seems smart. The family are quite snobbish, and the reason why the Inspector is investigating this family is because they all had a part to take in the suicide of a extremely poor girl but because of there arrogance and the rank they have in society they lack responsibility in there actions.

Overall the author J.B. Priestley intentions on making this book was that the world is doomed if we stopped helping poor people and don't take responsibility in what we do.

other then that I just mainly read Maths and Physic books