What was the most emotional situation you had in Life?

sowon

Valorant
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 12, 2019
united kingdom
Probably the day I left my first job.

After a month of "Is this the right job for me?", "Do I really want to be working like this?", and "I don't want to live like this" amongst other thoughts, the leadup to leaving my first job that I was so fortunate to get is the most emotional moment of my life so far.
I had been going through talks and such with the HR department as well as my numerous line managers throughout the course of a month to the lead up of my departure, and my anxiety had peaked back during this, so it was obvious in my heart that I should leave.
The day I did, it was no questions asked, I left same day, I was given 7-days lieu worth of pay, and my records were deleted within 7 days of my departure, which shows a lot of my value (or lack thereof) to that place.
The bus journey home that day was the longest ever bus journey home I had ever taken, and it was the coldest atmosphere on the bus too.

The job itself was in an IT helpcentre, doing 10-hour work shifts 3-5 days a week (that's not a typo) taking phone calls and such to assist clients over the phone... Super mundane work, and given that I am an extreme introvert, every phone call was a nightmare.

It was a real waking point for me to really urge myself to get what I want out of life instead of letting life take the reigns and causing me suffering. It was the moment I knew I wanted to take control of my life and do the things I want to do so I can make myself the best possible person I can be for the benefit of everyone else.