Is this something worth doing?

• Total voters

Strafey

Poponyanya
★ Donor ★
Jan 19, 2021
a pleasant place
Hey everyone,

I've been thinking of making a YouTube series; sort of like guides for Jailbreak! Recently, for me especially, I've found like Jailbreak has kind of felt very stale and repetitive, so I thought about trying to make it a little more engaging, especially for newcomers that is!

Currently everything is only there on paper and I haven't done much, except a little script I've prepared as a sort of introduction to WLN JB. I feel like this could make it 10x easier for beginners to get to know the game more, because I know how tiring it sometimes can be to have to know all of the rules that there are, considering a lot of them are kind of just common sense for regulars only. I've been playing on this community for quite some time now and I think I have what it takes to put out for you guys something that could help you a ton. With the experienced I've already gained, I doubt there should be much room for error in my guides. I will try and make the videos as engaging as possible so you at least have some fun watching it, because I feel like if I just half-a**ed it, it would lose all it's purpose to promote the rules we have.

Another problem I see with todays JB, is it's lack for creativity. I've felt like a lot of the times, Wardens just make reds do minigames over and over again, and to me at least, this isn't fun if you do it excessively. I guess you could see this as a sort of promotion video for things such as trick orders? I also find the timing of these videos quite fitting, because as most of you probably know already, xyso decided to stick to his v11 version of our very beloved minecraft_dynf map. This could maybe boost the playerbase a bit and in the future, make it way more enjoyable to play!

Either way, I just wanted to announce this idea to you, not only to get this out there, but also, so I have a sort of pressure and motivation to pull this of!

So for my series, I've been thinking of making a few of them, all differing from one another. As a first idea, I thought of just making a series about the rules only, showing you guys some common misconceptions and just getting you guys familiar with them, so JB rounds could go smoothly. If I see that this has some success to it I might consider stepping it up a notch, and giving tips and tricks for both REDs and BLUs (Guards + Warden), etc.

I have also asked xyso if he's willing to give me a helping hand, but considering he has other plans as well, I'll make sure not to bother too much. If any of you guys feel like this is a good idea, you can always hit me up if there is anything you'd like to help with. As of posting this, I probably won't know too much where to start, as this is my first time doing this, but I think once I get the first video out, I should have somewhat of a clearer picture on what it's like. I would really appreciate to hear what you have to say and please don't shy away from suggesting things!

So yeah, this is what I wanted to share with you guys, I really hope it's worth the effort and that you enjoy the rest of your week!

Attachments

• rammus-ok.gif
    rammus-ok.gif
    3.4 MB · Views: 3