Worst Class for Jailbreak (Read Description)

Worst class in Jailedbreaked

• Scout

• Soldier

• Pyro

• Demoman (or knight)

• Engineer

• Heavy

• Sniper

• Medic

• Spy

Results are only viewable after voting.

critical_shish

Nov 13, 2021
hate to say it but its gotta be heavy :sadface:
maybe better on red with a well coordinated rebel, clueless guards or certain days (eye for an eye with a medic), but hes still so slow and fat, most maps are so open and 90% of the time theres a sniper on blu so theres not much heavy can do there
on blu you better pray you have someone who can get rid of rebelling scouts otherwise they'll just be annoying and run around you while you waddle over to where they previously were, and if a sniper rebels chances are you face the same problem as on red team, maybe a little less if you have a tomi but STOCK BETTER GRAHHHH

TerminaKris

Sep 27, 2022
Prehevil
I wouldn't say any of the classes in JB are bad, they all can do extremely well depending on the situation and skill.

But the one class I would say is the worst in most common situations is (predictably) Heavy. There are definitely some situations where you can do some things to change the pace of things as Heavy like equipping the running gloves to rush and kill the warden when he's close, or if the BLUs are genuinely that oblivious you can run away, get ammo and do a funny little surprise on the whole BLU team. He's also pretty good if you're planning to rebel as a Freeday.

But in most other situations I can think of, he doesn't really do that well on his own.

On RED, if there's a handful of decently-skilled BLUs, it would be really painful to run away. He can do fine if he's hiding in a cell planning to rush any BLU that's about to come into the cell, unless the BLU is smart enough to dodge melee attacks, is a tank class like Soldier or Heavy, or is a Scout using the Force-a-Nature. (Would have better survival chances if a RED Medic is helping out)

On BLU, If he were to get rushed by multiple REDs (4 minimum, maybe 2 Demoknights, a boston basher Scout and a stock Pyro) at close-range, he can get seriously hurt and since most people would rather use the Tomislav since you can rev up quicker, it would be too difficult killing all the nearby REDs with such slow firing speed (Though he would have better chances if there is a BLU Medic, Pyro, Soldier, or a Demoman helping out.)

He is definitely awful at chasing rebellers. I won't elaborate on that.

There are more situations than these, but it's all I can remember.

Kol.

Forum Activist
Nov 22, 2020
ok so, lemme break down rq.(yap fest)

scout: is just really good on everything, escaping , fights, getting ammo. just the go to for rebellers with map knowledge.

soldier: if in the hands of the right player, really efficient. Now this is from my experience, but trolldier is top tier for most scenarios, that is if you know what you're doing tho.

pyro: on red i don't really see much plays happen, after the jetpack nerf pyro has been really underwhelming for rebelling. So he's really just a crutch for guards that need self-defense from demoknights or crow controlling.

Demo: Really?

Heavy: that's tough considering he's litteraly UNKILLABLE in both armory and medic (camping duh). On red he's so easy to get rid of, but on blu? yeah that's a different story. ALSO he has a huge weaponry of stuff that make himself tankier (natascha, brass beast, dalokoh's bar etc...) so i don't think he's weak at all in these scenarios.

Engi: yeah i'm sorry, this really is the class with the least chances of getting the job done. He is a mid support on both teams and on offense he's really just a slow scout. Still gets to do some stuff with the high ground in his possesion but that's really it. He's undoubtly the weakest class in jb.

Medic: people forget how BROKEN uber is and if the medic knows what to do ( and if he can aim). So on most occasions, medic is going to be really annoying and hard to get rid of.

Sniper: You can make a case for sniper being the weakest but think about it, if he's not on red, he's litteraly the scariest foe when trying to get ammo. But if he's on red, would he lose? nah, he'd hide. ( seriously, if a red sniper gets ammo and DOESNT drool on his keyboard, it's wraps).

Spy: I was making arguments for who's weaker, engi or spy. And i came to the conclusion that spy can : backstab, headshot, pretty much handle gun fights on mid range if he's up against a class like medic, sniper or engi, the rest is just an L. But other than that, i think spy is pretty good for alot of scenarios, also if he's stealthy enough, he can get alot of easy picks.

Reactions: MightyMitch618

MightyMitch618

Clock With Legs
Honorary Member ★
Jul 3, 2023
I wouldn't say any of the classes in JB are bad, they all can do extremely well depending on the situation and skill.

But the one class I would say is the worst in most common situations is (predictably) Heavy. There are definitely some situations where you can do some things to change the pace of things as Heavy like equipping the running gloves to rush and kill the warden when he's close, or if the BLUs are genuinely that oblivious you can run away, get ammo and do a funny little surprise on the whole BLU team. He's also pretty good if you're planning to rebel as a Freeday.

But in most other situations I can think of, he doesn't really do that well on his own.

On RED, if there's a handful of decently-skilled BLUs, it would be really painful to run away. He can do fine if he's hiding in a cell planning to rush any BLU that's about to come into the cell, unless the BLU is smart enough to dodge melee attacks, is a tank class like Soldier or Heavy, or is a Scout using the Force-a-Nature. (Would have better survival chances if a RED Medic is helping out)

On BLU, If he were to get rushed by multiple REDs (4 minimum, maybe 2 Demoknights, a boston basher Scout and a stock Pyro) at close-range, he can get seriously hurt and since most people would rather use the Tomislav since you can rev up quicker, it would be too difficult killing all the nearby REDs with such slow firing speed (Though he would have better chances if there is a BLU Medic, Pyro, Soldier, or a Demoman helping out.)

He is definitely awful at chasing rebellers. I won't elaborate on that.

There are more situations than these, but it's all I can remember.
Like what Critical said, being too slow isn't very good in the gamemode based on trying to either win or rebel. I do like playing Heavy though for both RED and BLU, maybe its just the idea that your already not good at rebelling, so just play the game as a big ol' Russian guy with funni sammic
Post automatically merged:

ok so, lemme break down rq.(yap fest)

scout: is just really good on everything, escaping , fights, getting ammo. just the go to for rebellers with map knowledge.

soldier: if in the hands of the right player, really efficient. Now this is from my experience, but trolldier is top tier for most scenarios, that is if you know what you're doing tho.

pyro: on red i don't really see much plays happen, after the jetpack nerf pyro has been really underwhelming for rebelling. So he's really just a crutch for guards that need self-defense from demoknights or crow controlling.

Demo: Really?

Heavy: that's tough considering he's litteraly UNKILLABLE in both armory and medic (camping duh). On red he's so easy to get rid of, but on blu? yeah that's a different story. ALSO he has a huge weaponry of stuff that make himself tankier (natascha, brass beast, dalokoh's bar etc...) so i don't think he's weak at all in these scenarios.

Engi: yeah i'm sorry, this really is the class with the least chances of getting the job done. He is a mid support on both teams and on offense he's really just a slow scout. Still gets to do some stuff with the high ground in his possesion but that's really it. He's undoubtly the weakest class in jb.

Medic: people forget how BROKEN uber is and if the medic knows what to do ( and if he can aim). So on most occasions, medic is going to be really annoying and hard to get rid of.

Sniper: You can make a case for sniper being the weakest but think about it, if he's not on red, he's litteraly the scariest foe when trying to get ammo. But if he's on red, would he lose? nah, he'd hide. ( seriously, if a red sniper gets ammo and DOESNT drool on his keyboard, it's wraps).

Spy: I was making arguments for who's weaker, engi or spy. And i came to the conclusion that spy can : backstab, headshot, pretty much handle gun fights on mid range if he's up against a class like medic, sniper or engi, the rest is just an L. But other than that, i think spy is pretty good for alot of scenarios, also if he's stealthy enough, he can get alot of easy picks.
While I don't like the Engineer slander, I can agree though that he probably is the worst class for Jailbreak in pretty much all cases. It's not even just "euuuuggggggghhh no sentry!!!!!!!!!!!!" its just the fact that whatever he can do, everyone else can do better. I still do play a lot of Engineer in Jailbreak, but honestly if he was for some reason removed from Jailbreak servers, it would be a favor for him. Plus, the Eureka Effect is literally countered by pressing 7 on your keyboard as Warden, so even that isn't good for him

Reactions: Kol.

critical_shish

Nov 13, 2021
While I don't like the Engineer slander, I can agree though that he probably is the worst class for Jailbreak in pretty much all cases. It's not even just "euuuuggggggghhh no sentry!!!!!!!!!!!!" its just the fact that whatever he can do, everyone else can do better. I still do play a lot of Engineer in Jailbreak, but honestly if he was for some reason removed from Jailbreak servers, it would be a favor for him. Plus, the Eureka Effect is literally countered by pressing 7 on your keyboard as Warden, so even that isn't good for him
at least engineer is fast enough to deal with rebellers and gunslinger can come in clutch very often, and theres not "no sentry", the wrangler enables the sentry and wrangler already has aim assist so its not bad at dealing with far snipers as long as you have it equipped. and the best part about being engineer is scouts that would typically run would get cocky, see engineer and go "ez pick" then get gunned down because shotgun, where they wouldn't really do that with heavy (slow+high health/damage).
and yeah you could say every class can do what engi does better but that doesnt make engineer necessarily bad, hes still viable and can chase down most rebellers and rebel fairly well if you set up some teleporters (speed+jump) you can catch some goobers off guard and the speed boost makes you as fast (or faster than) as a scout, teleports are inexpensive so its not hard to do and you dont even need a dispenser, they even allow you to build a sentry after.
also engineer has more of a chance of escaping even with more competent guards due to his speed and if he has a gunslinger or teleports into a cell with a breakable, also hes more viable in melee than heavy, where heavy has health engineer has more speed and every third hit is a crit assuming he has the gunslinger.

MightyMitch618

Clock With Legs
Honorary Member ★
Jul 3, 2023
at least engineer is fast enough to deal with rebellers and gunslinger can come in clutch very often, and theres not "no sentry", the wrangler enables the sentry and wrangler already has aim assist so its not bad at dealing with far snipers as long as you have it equipped. and the best part about being engineer is scouts that would typically run would get cocky, see engineer and go "ez pick" then get gunned down because shotgun, where they wouldn't really do that with heavy (slow+high health/damage).
and yeah you could say every class can do what engi does better but that doesnt make engineer necessarily bad, hes still viable and can chase down most rebellers and rebel fairly well if you set up some teleporters (speed+jump) you can catch some goobers off guard and the speed boost makes you as fast (or faster than) as a scout, teleports are inexpensive so its not hard to do and you dont even need a dispenser, they even allow you to build a sentry after.
also engineer has more of a chance of escaping even with more competent guards due to his speed and if he has a gunslinger or teleports into a cell with a breakable, also hes more viable in melee than heavy, where heavy has health engineer has more speed and every third hit is a crit assuming he has the gunslinger.
I mean I can see where you’re coming from, I’ve seen you play a lot of Engi and this shows. I play a lot of Engineer for Jailbreak too, so I get all that you’ve mentioned. I know that Sentries do technically exist with the Wrangler, but in my experience, if you choose to stay with the Warden as a body guard/a very mobile player, your not going to have much time to stop, set down your aimbot, and then start shooting. A shotgun and pistol are very reliable as always. You could argue that Engineer is the “middle” of the class list, since I would say that sometimes Spy can take the place as the worst class, or that they’re interchangeable. Engineer can have some funny moments with dispensers especially, like getting metal, going to the crowd of RED’s, then putting it down to force them to grab ammo, which is always a nice time

critical_shish

Nov 13, 2021
I know that Sentries do technically exist with the Wrangler, but in my experience, if you choose to stay with the Warden as a body guard/a very mobile player, your not going to have much time to stop, set down your aimbot, and then start shooting. A shotgun and pistol are very reliable as always.
well sentries dont take long to build, go to an open area and plop it down, maybe gun down anyone nearby with your shotgun, but i agree with stock shotgun and pistol being more reliable in most cases, i personally am not a fan of the wrangler (feels too serious) even outside of jailbreak so typically im nesting far from main cell (like soccer on mlcastle)

also erm you're*!

floot_guy

floot_guy
★ Donor ★
Dec 9, 2017
floot_guy
IMO the worst class to be a guard is pyro. Why you ask? Well, the first time I joined a jb server, we got MFKd by a stupid pyro with the back burner. I left and never came back.

The worst class as a red is definitely engi.
Slow af, no special perks and he just shouts WHOOOOOWIE.
Heavy is also fat and slow but at least he is fun to have around.

critical_shish

Nov 13, 2021
The worst class as a red is definitely engi.
Slow af, no special perks and he just shouts WHOOOOOWIE.
Heavy is also fat and slow but at least he is fun to have around.
engineer is at 100% movement speed (same as pyro and sniper) which can be increased with a teleporter, and the special perks are the buildings themselves which arent hard to get on a lot of maps (multiple ammo secrets), also gunslinger crits
also being fun to have around doesnt mean good smh

MightyMitch618

Clock With Legs
Honorary Member ★
Jul 3, 2023
engineer is at 100% movement speed (same as pyro and sniper) which can be increased with a teleporter, and the special perks are the buildings themselves which arent hard to get on a lot of maps (multiple ammo secrets), also gunslinger crits
Heavy is better than Engineer though in my eyes, so he fits both of those

well sentries dont take long to build, go to an open area and plop it down, maybe gun down anyone nearby with your shotgun, but i agree with stock shotgun and pistol being more reliable in most cases, i personally am not a fan of the wrangler (feels too serious) even outside of jailbreak so typically im nesting far from main cell (like soccer on mlcastle)

also erm you're*!
Yeah I get that with the Wrangler, it just feels like too much for Jailbreak, not like it’s overpowered or anything in Jailbreak

floot_guy

floot_guy
★ Donor ★
Dec 9, 2017
floot_guy
how would I know that,
I don't even play JB
:trolled:
I don't even play on wln
I don't even play tf2
I don't even have a gaming pc
I use my neighbor's wifi & electricity

Kol.

Forum Activist
Nov 22, 2020
Ok, i feel like we're losing the meaning of "worst class", it's not just about melee fights or 1v1s, its in general. Because engineer sure as hell is faster than heavy, but his dps is just as good ((both heavy and engi have a shotgun for that matter)Also the tomislav is extremely efficient for litteraly everything) and his hp is way less. So in some scenarios, sure, heavy is worse, but that doesn't mean his attire is bad nonetheless.

So to make it clear, in a 1v1, heavy wins most of the time, in a 2v1 situation, heavy is more viable, and when it comes to just grab ammo/escaping/surprise attacks engi should take it. But all things considered, you're downplaying heavy too much. I don't think anyone has mentionned how good the taunt kill attribute for heavy is. Like when it comes to throw a round by killing the warden that's in range of an unexpected pootis pow, heavy is sure as hell fun and good.

Also more about engineer, his sentry is dogshit. it's litteraly 33hp turnt into a 99hp with a wrangler, that's a base mini sentry health bar. And i'm sure most of the classes don't really have an issue with dealing with the engineer before they can protect themselves with their sentry (unless the engi has the high ground or against a demoknight but that's not really relevant to the point).

Long story short, heavy takes engi's upsides and has even more than he does, but he has slightly too many flaws when it comes to some situations.
What mitch said, engi has a few boosts with his tp's but that's so weak and not durable, like in a fight that wouldn't help at all (same for escaping) the only thing it could be good at is MAYBE surprising, but c'mon, nobody is pulling that ninja strat (especially with the noise of the stuff being built). Heavy mops engi and his adventages.

critical_shish

Nov 13, 2021
Also more about engineer, his sentry is dogshit. it's litteraly 33hp turnt into a 99hp with a wrangler, that's a base mini sentry health bar. And i'm sure most of the classes don't really have an issue with dealing with the engineer before they can protect themselves with their sentry (unless the engi has the high ground or against a demoknight but that's not really relevant to the point).
i was unaware of the sentry health so this is fair completely, but it can still be used to deal with pesky snipers with the aim assist, and throwing down a mini usually catches some players off guard, instead of focusing you they tend to go for the sentry because it can still be deadly even with a low health pool
What mitch said, engi has a few boosts with his tp's but that's so weak and not durable, like in a fight that wouldn't help at all (same for escaping) the only thing it could be good at is MAYBE surprising, but c'mon, nobody is pulling that ninja strat (especially with the noise of the stuff being built). Heavy mops engi and his adventages.
the teleporters i have used many times to kill many guards, speeding into a jump then running circles around them like a scout almost always throws off their aim, and air strafing makes it harder for them to hit while you're in the air. yes this needs setup time of course but the only times people usually rebel is if a guard is unaware or if the guard that was chasing them was murdered, giving them some breathing room when they get ammo.
and to be completely honest i didnt really consider anything more than a 1v1, heavy is good at surprise attacking wardens or blus with a pow (especially in a crowd), so thats fair, but blus should be paying attention to reds anyway, and smart blus would keep track of heavies with gloves or stock.

• Bruh
Reactions: Kol.

Kol.

Forum Activist
Nov 22, 2020
i was unaware of the sentry health so this is fair completely, but it can still be used to deal with pesky snipers with the aim assist, and throwing down a mini usually catches some players off guard, instead of focusing you they tend to go for the sentry because it can still be deadly even with a low health pool

the teleporters i have used many times to kill many guards, speeding into a jump then running circles around them like a scout almost always throws off their aim, and air strafing makes it harder for them to hit while you're in the air. yes this needs setup time of course but the only times people usually rebel is if a guard is unaware or if the guard that was chasing them was murdered, giving them some breathing room when they get ammo.
and to be completely honest i didnt really consider anything more than a 1v1, heavy is good at surprise attacking wardens or blus with a pow (especially in a crowd), so thats fair, but blus should be paying attention to reds anyway, and smart blus would keep track of heavies with gloves or stock.
I'll just say this, a good sniper won't let you build that sentry nor let you get rid of him that easily. a mini sentry can't make a sniper flinch from about 20 meters away im pretty sure, and let's be honest a good sniper won't even let you know of his presence so forget that argument.

Second, if u've been practicing these shenanigans against non competent blus, good for you, but the majority of good guards wouldn't even let you build or get ammo in the first place. Point is, surprise attacks are so rarely succesful they can't even be considered an actual argument. Also yeah i don't wanna go over this thing again about heavy being too slow to actually get away, it's the same shit for engi.

Here is what I'm thinking rn, will delve further into some of them.
Blu Sniper: While he can get rushed down, if your positioning isn't that of a 2 year old, you can easily be the most dangerous class to rebel against
Red/Blu Heavy: Blu heavy if he revs up is really good against rushed but both are too slow and can both be caught with their pants down (AKA not revved/in a bad spot)
For me its engi or heavy as worst class, let me know what yall think though.

Attachments

• my-image (3).png
    my-image (3).png
    347.8 KB · Views: 7

MightyMitch618

Clock With Legs
Honorary Member ★
Jul 3, 2023
I notice that Heavy and Engineer get talked about a lot regarding the worst classes for Jailbreak, but Heavy is just a lot more useful for both teams in my opinion. Engineer is just the middle man honestly, he’s got good damage, average speed, ok killing potential, and he can win in any case most of the time.